Body Found in Canal at Brewood.

cuthound

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

That is a comment that shows a lack of taste and compassion.

Not sure about that, but it does show incomprehensibility. What is the Manchester pusher? And what's it good to do with Brewood, which is some distance from Manchester?

3 minutes ago, frahkn said:

If you are serious then perhaps you are a bit more than a single step beyond!

Of course I am serious -and thank you.

I note that you didn't answer the question: do you know?

4 hours ago, Athy said:

Of course I am serious -and thank you.

I note that you didn't answer the question: do you know?

This has been the subject of several threads on this site.

Edited by Athy

4 hours ago, frahkn said:

Fair enough - the Manchester pusher is someone who allegedly is responsible for several persons involuntarily entering the canals around Manchester over a period of years.

This has been the subject of several threads on this site.

Thank you.

Edited by Athy

13 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Surely that should be "is allegedly someone" rather than the other way round.   As yet I have seen no proof anybody has been pushed in merely people suggesting that because of the numbers somebody must be pushing.

Yes, thank you, you are indeed correct.

However I am already in trouble (with Athy) about this issue so I had better await a resolution of that matter before saying any more.

48 minutes ago, Athy said:

Thank you.

It is appalling that he seems to be extending his activities to other waterways areas.

Athy that is an appalling thing to say and incredibly insensitive considering the gentleman found my have family members on this forum. 

1 minute ago, Athy said:

I note that Cuthound states that these incidents are NOT suspicious; so, on what does Jim base his assertion that they are? Local news reports?

He's not basing his assertion an any thing he is making an uncouth joke. ? 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Athy that is an appalling thing to say and incredibly insensitive.

No.

To say that a death was appalling shows shock and sympathy.which are what I feel. How on earth could you think otherwise?

Edited by Athy

50 minutes ago, Athy said:

No.

To say that a death was appalling shows shock and sympathy.which are what I feel. 

I'm not debating the appropriateness or lack thereof with you as I've learnt the pointlessness of that, but I do hope that none of the gentleman's family see this thread. 

Edited by Tumshie
add a word and remove a word
  • Happy 1

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

I'm not debating the appropriateness or lack thereof this with you as I've learnt the pointlessness of that, but I do hope that none of the gentleman's family don't see this thread. 

Quite so - it is appropriate to express such feelings in these circumstances. But the man's family will already have heard this grim news.

I have just read the newspaper report which is linked to the opening post, and it does state clearly that foul play is NOT suspected. One member obviously thought it was, and I agree that his post could cause further distress. so it has been removed.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Quite so - it is appropriate to express such feelings in these circumstances. But the man's family will already have heard this grim news.

I have just read the newspaper report which is linked to the opening post, and it does state clearly that foul play is NOT suspected. One member obviously thought it was, and I agree that his post could cause further distress. so it has been removed.

I have said what I am entitled to say and I don't feel the need to expand on what I have said. 

Now to try and make this thread a little more constructive.

Staffordshire Police are appealing for witnesses. 

https://www.staffordshire.police.uk/news/staffordshire/news/2020/january/appeal-for-witnesses-after-mans-body-found-in-canal-in-brewood/

Appeal for witnesses after man's body found in canal in Brewood

Main article content

Navigation

Appeals
News

11:55 16/01/2020

Detectives are appealing for witnesses after the body of a man was found in the canal in Brewood this morning (Thursday 16 January).

Officers were called at 7.25am by a member of the public to reports of a body in the canal near to the Bridge Inn pub at Kiddemore Green.

A cordon is in place. The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Detective Inspector Neil Poultney, of CID, said: “We’re very keen to speak to people who may have been in the area and have seen something to get in touch.

“This is busy spot for boaters and walkers.

Anyone with any information should message Staffordshire Police on Facebook or Twitter quoting incident number 80 of 16 January, call 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

50 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I'm not debating the appropriateness or lack thereof this with you as I've learnt the pointlessness of that, but I do hope that none of the gentleman's family see this thread. 

58 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Athy that is an appalling thing to say and incredibly insensitive considering the gentleman found my have family members on this forum. 

He's not basing his assertion an any thing he is making an uncouth joke. ? 

I absolutely agree.

I made exactly the same point.

Edited by Athy
Removal of offensive comment.

45 minutes ago, Athy said:

No - my post has also been removed and you have not replied to the PM train that you initiated.

After a moddies' conference, this thread has been pruned with the purpose of removing any references to foul play, as that appears to be a completely false rumour. Would any future posters please exercise courtesy and compassion?

I don't know if it is a poor use of English but the ambulance personnel twice refer to a patient, this could mean some unfortunate soul had decamped from a nearby medical facility, as normally a reference would be to a casualty - they only become a patient when treatment has started?

Edited by BWM
To remove quoted passage.

29 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

Condolences to relatives and friends.

Troy, I think that "courtesy and compassion" includes not speculating about this incident. As a respected forum member pointed out earlier in the thread, his relatives may possibly read this thread. Hence I have modified your post.

43 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Blimey, the gauge is hitting 9.5 on the virtuesignallingsnowflakeoffendedonothersbehalf-ometer. Take cover! Where is Laurence Fox when you need him!?

I must find an opportunity to use "virtuesignallingsnowflakeoffendedonothersbehalf-ometer", ta Nick.  

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Troy, I think that "courtesy and compassion" includes not speculating about this incident. As a respected forum member pointed out earlier in the thread, his relatives may possibly read this thread. Hence I have modified your post.

You were welcome to modify mine as it doesn't make sense anymore!

Now sorted, i thought i'd run out of time. 

Edited by BWM
  • Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Athy said:

After a moddies' conference, this thread has been pruned with the purpose of removing any references to foul play, as that appears to be a completely false rumour. Would any future posters please exercise courtesy and compassion?

Are you going to remove all the posts on the manchester pusher as well