Saturday 25th January - The day has arrived for my return.

huami

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It appears you may be correct.

It looks as if it has now been removed from the T&Cs

Don't go overboard with praise now!

I actually checked fairly recently when somebody else mentioned a similar point. 

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

I actually checked fairly recently when somebody else mentioned a similar point. 

I don’t think it was ever actually in the Ts and Cs, but that didn’t stop some over-enthusiastic mods from enforcing it!

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

Ohhh you are such a wonderful mod and I am sure you are kind to kittens and puppies as well.

Overboard?

:)

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

Scarborough!! It gets worse!?

Naval warfare and a wonderful miniature railway.

What's not to like?

:unsure:

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

It is generaly considered by us Yorkies that Brid is the poor relative of Scarborough. Of course both VASTLY better than the slum know as Blackpool ?

But Blackpool has trams.

1 hour ago, Victor Vectis said:

Naval warfare and a wonderful miniature railway.

What's not to like?

:unsure:

But Blackpool has trams.

Used to watch the battles as a kid. I dont think Blackpool has proper trams anymore? Arnt they modern soul less crap these days?

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

He told me he had been eating a load of Brussel sprouts.

2 minutes ago, cuthound said:

That could explain the look on his face! ??

It's the new all in one self inflating life saving body suit. It will be all the rage on the canals this year. Also acts as an emergency fender.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/01/2020 at 09:50, doratheexplorer said:

https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/used-narrowboats/details/5082.aspx

When I first saw that it was a 44' with a cruiser stern, my first thought was - crikey that's gonna be too small!  But looking at the pictures, the fit out looks very clever and really makes the best use of the space.  For one person, living simply as a liveaboard, I can see how it would work.  They've even managed to cram a pullman in! 

It wouldn't be right for me, as I have way too much stuff and it just wouldn't all fit in there (not even a proper wardrobe and no space for a washing machine), but we're all different, aren't we?  It does look very well looked after.

I would strongly advise getting some solar panels fitted, before you even take possesion.  A good amount would be around 400 watts (or more).  We're almost back into "solar season" and the panels will probably have paid for themselves by the end of the year.  You'll also benefit from not having to run noisy engines to charge batteries, and will save on wear and tear.  You could even look at incorporating the panels into some low level roof boxes, for useful storage.

Hi Doratheexplorer, 

Great minds think alike! ....

Solar is a must and I will be asking for advice again very soon.

I'm hoping to take possession on Wednesday if all goes good. The boat has been out of the water for a full survey and epoxy two pack blacking and should be ready to get it's bottom wet again on Monday or Tuesday after the safety report.

I would love to hear from anyone who can point me in the direction of someone to install solar in the vicinity of Whilton.

Busy, busy, busy doing all kinds of everything at the moment but I will soon be back!

Everyone a lovely day,

Neil

5 minutes ago, Gayzingalone said:

Hi Doratheexplorer, 

Great minds think alike! ....

Solar is a must and I will be asking for advice again very soon.

I'm hoping to take possession on Wednesday if all goes good. The boat has been out of the water for a full survey and epoxy two pack blacking and should be ready to get it's bottom wet again on Monday or Tuesday after the safety report.

I would love to hear from anyone who can point me in the direction of someone to install solar in the vicinity of Whilton.

Busy, busy, busy doing all kinds of everything at the moment but I will soon be back!

Everyone a lovely day,

Neil

Matty 40s is yer man for the solar if you need it.

On 30/01/2020 at 09:22, Galilee said:

Just dragging it back to the boat briefly, this from Whilton's Instagram

whilton.PNG

Thanks for posting this ..... 

I have saved it and it certainly is a lovely compliment to Whilton Marina.

I already have good feelings about the boat and about the reception I received from Andy at Whilton Marina.

Are Harvey and Jane still forum members? .....  It would be nice to say hello and to reassure them that I will be looking after it in the future.

Have a nice day,

Neil

47 minutes ago, Gayzingalone said:

Are Harvey and Jane still forum members? .

A quick search for "Harvey" and "hosanna" didn't bring up anything to suggest they were ever members but of course they may have been posting under a different name. The thing that Galilee posted is from wilton marina's Instagram so you might be able to post a reply to them on there, if not to them personally then perhaps in reply to that post.