Saturday 25th January - The day has arrived for my return.

huami

Featured Posts

26 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Only time will tell. I've seen many a good boat ruined by new over enthusiastic owners who thought they could re-invent the wheel.

Ah PD, ever the little ray of sunshine. :D

Edited by Tumshie
  • Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Gracelessly expressed, but he does have a point.

When Neil said “I’ve saved it” I believe he was referring to the Whilton Marina Instagram post rather than the boat. It seems to me PD responded to Neil on the misunderstanding he was referring to saving the boat. On that basis his response was not valid irrespective of whether it’s true in other circumstances.

JP

11 hours ago, Captain Pegg said:

When Neil said “I’ve saved it” I believe he was referring to the Whilton Marina Instagram post rather than the boat. It seems to me PD responded to Neil on the misunderstanding he was referring to saving the boat. On that basis his response was not valid irrespective of whether it’s true in other circumstances.

JP

Thanks for clearing that up.  Yes I  saved the article in my saved photos... and for the "petty" I'm too old and have no interest or experience in saving boats!

41 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ah yes - the one who blacked her boat above the water-line,

Windows, vents, mushrooms, everything. !!!!!!

When she purchased her boat it was blue,  a little tired but still presentable so why she blacked the whole thing is still a mystery to me.

11 hours ago, john6767 said:

Amazing they still do that, I can remember  seeing that as a kid  over 50 years ago

Likewise, during family summer holidays at Brid when I was still very small. I had forgotten all about it, thanks for the memory.

8 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Before my time here.

Spill the full story please for us newbies.

There is a full thread on here somewhere, it makes interesting reading for sure.

Short version . 

Missmax purchased boat, sealed up mushroom vents, blacked the whole boat from gunwhale upwards,  had a forum member visit her to sort some mechanicals and then accused him of expecting sexual favours in return fir his time.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Rickent said:

There is a full thread on here somewhere, it makes interesting reading for sure.

It must have been about the same length as the Brexit thread.

I think we all (eventually) realised that she had 'issues', I was just so glad that she didn't take me up on my offer, (when she was looking for a boat) to pick her up at the station and drive her around.

The full story

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It must have been about the same length as the Brexit thread.

I think we all (eventually) realised that she had 'issues', I was just so glad that she didn't take me up on my offer, (when she was looking for a boat) to pick her up at the station and drive her around.

You would still be locked up.?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rickent said:

A certain MissMax comes to mind.

Miss Max. A young lady I helped out over a period of time in the Skipton area. My reward was a foul mouthed elongated post throwing abuse and untruths my way. 

I ‘didn’t’ advise overall blacking.

Just now, Nightwatch said:

Miss Max. A young lady I helped out over a period of time in the Skipton area. My reward was a foul mouthed elongated post throwing abuse and untruths my way. 

I ‘didn’t’ advise overall blacking.

I remember it well, I think she genuinely had mental health problems and hope she is ok and got the help she needed.

2 minutes ago, Rickent said:

I remember it well, I think she genuinely had mental health problems and hope she is ok and got the help she needed.

So do I. Honestly. She had had a troubled past. Details of which I have blocked from my mind or not willing to share here. She purchased a puppy and a kitten. I also hope they are doing well. Hey ho! You live and learn.

• Greenie 1

Just now, Dyertribe said:

No but I do remember a lady called Tree something who was castigated by the way she spoke/wrote and left the forum. A sad loss. 

Yes, I remember her too. Always sad when someone is hounded off.