BCN Railway Transhipment Wharves

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, pete harrison said:

I think it was me that mentioned Tom Foxon's book Following The Trade. This is the last of a trilogy covering Mr Foxon's experiences as a professional boatman, both working for others as well as being an owner boatman. The references to a couple of LMS boats and their trade to Worcester are in passing and are probably not worth buying the book for. The book is however an interesting insight into Mr Foxon's carrying activities as well as the latter days of carrying, especially if read in conjunction with his Anderton For Order and No. 1 :captain: 

edit - add the word being

edit 2 - you are welcome to borrow my copy of Tom Foxon's Following The Trade, but I will want it back.

Or, if Newark is closer I have one yoj can borrow. Buy will be leaving and heading upstream on 1 April.

25 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

I have 'Following The Trade'...but have picked  you up a copy from my marina's book exchange ! If you're doing the BCN challenge & can wait that long I can get it to you there.Let me know what you want me to do.?

Sell it 'er for a tenner!

Proceeds to the Delhi Python fund obviously ...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...