Twisty Turny Doohickeys...?

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

I've got on the walls under the gunwhales a pair of L-shaped/triangular brackets designed to hold a stowed table top. What I need to go with them are some sort of turning catch things that sit above the "table top" and project out from the wall a bit, to stop said "table top" tipping forwards out of the brackets. But I can't order the catches till I know what they're called. Any ideas please?

(Inverted commas on "table top" because the brackets will actually be holding the window glass / fly screens when not in use - in case that bears any relevance to the type of catch used)

10 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

I've got on the walls under the gunwhales a pair of L-shaped/triangular brackets designed to hold a stowed table top. What I need to go with them are some sort of turning catch things that sit above the "table top"

Could be 'turnbuckles'

These are 'home made' turnbuckles that hold the table.

Bracket at the bottom that the table sits in, then turnbuckle at the top to stop the table falling 'inwards'.

Click the picture 2 or 3 times to zoom in.

Table Storage.jpg

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Thanks for your help, everyone.

It seems that in internet land there is a difference between a "turnbuckle" (metal guy rope thingy)

And a "turn buckle" (caravan table top catch thingy)

And a rabbit hutch catch (bunny keeper in thingy) ??

It's the middle one that I need for clipping "table tops" to walls.

But thank you for expanding my vocab so I knew what I was looking for. ?

Mission accomplished ?

Screenshot_20200114-231621.png

Screenshot_20200114-231653.png

I think Pud has worked out for her self what she needs now, but as I'm late to the party if anybody else I'd wondering then searching caravan/campervan suppliers for 'table storage brackets' or a 'table storage kit' will find you what you need. The turny bit by its self it sometimes called a turn button but is usually called a turnbuckle however make sure if searching for these you use plastic in you search terms or you will get something different, like shown in the above picture, wire tensioners for a yachts standing rigging, though if you ever decide that Mable needs a May Pole they're probbly a good place to start. :)

https://camperinteriors.co.uk/collections/storage/products/st04-storage-brackets-for-removable-table?variant=32139837572

image.png.d5ce882eb2ba509fa2d2a34efc57c11c.png

Edited by Tumshie
To activate link
  • Greenie 2

30 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I recently made a wooden turnbuckle for holding the cooker glass lid. Just in case we hit ruffers.

(or I clobber a lock entrance accidentally)

That's just reminded me that I used one of these for my cooker top.  May be useful for the OP. Toolstation 44251.

Richard 

images.jpeg.e1a1237c961daa87718144ded57217a7.jpeg