Locker seat cushions.

RAB

Featured Posts

Looking to buy (or poss make) some cushions for the locker seats in our semi-trad. Want the cover material to be waterproof, with a decent foam inner. Does anyone know anywhere that will make them to order, at a reasonable price and quality. Many thanks.

Has anyone found semi-trad locker seats comfortable to sit on for more than a few seconds? I find the angle of the cabin side and inner projecting handrail at the top makes them useless as a seat on my boat. It does make a good foot rest though for when sitting on top of the control pedestal to steer. When people want to sit on the semi trad deck they bring up a folding bar stool from the kitchen. Other boats may well be more comfy and worth getting cushions made. Mine just has a wooden lid.

I picked the boat's fridge up from a canalside shop. Put the big cardboard box on the semi trad deck and steered back to the mooring sat cross legged on top!

Jen

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Has anyone found semi-trad locker seats comfortable to sit on for more than a few seconds? I find the angle of the cabin side and inner projecting handrail at the top makes them useless as a seat on my boat. It does make a good foot rest though for when sitting on top of the control pedestal to steer. When people want to sit on the semi trad deck they bring up a folding bar stool from the kitchen. Other boats may well be more comfy and worth getting cushions made. Mine just has a wooden lid.

I picked the boat's fridge up from a canalside shop. Put the big cardboard box on the semi trad deck and steered back to the mooring sat cross legged on top!

Jen

My starboard locker seat is extended so it overlaps the metal frame by a few inches for comfort. It is retained by wooden lugs on its underside which slide under the top of the locker. I just keep a couple of cushions in a cupboard inside to sit on if required, but tailor-made waterproof ones would probably be better.

We bought a gym equipment protection mat similar to this one. Easily cut to size with scissors, easy to roll up and store. Also it doesn’t raise the the seat too much as our are already at a suitable height. Ours are now 5 years old and still work well. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQZWPYV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kGUhEbPH074D2

• Greenie 1

I don't have any lockers in my semi trad rear deck. There are two high seats against the vertical stern bulkhead for the "crew". Rest of the rear deck is for the bike, dog, and room for a couple of folding seats if needed. We can put a table up as well if it is not raining, too hot, or too cold like last summer.

2 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Jen

Good observation.... our share boat (BCMB Aurora) had quite good seat at the back, the angle was fine. Our boat Water Lily has more of a curved back so not as comfy. I do plan to make the seats a little deeper to compensate - do these people who do seat covers also make the seats themselves or are they generally just cushions?

not sure if I am a bit late to the party on this, but my friend had some box cushions done by mooch customs and they were really happy with them. I know they were done in marine grade vinyl, so they are waterproof. 

not very good with links, but if you look for mooch customs on facebook and Instagram you will find her. Seems to be based in the Aylesbury area. 

On 14/01/2020 at 15:54, RAB said:

Looking to buy (or poss make) some cushions for the locker seats in our semi-trad. Want the cover material to be waterproof, with a decent foam inner. Does anyone know anywhere that will make them to order, at a reasonable price and quality. Many thanks.

Ring Chris Potts marine & industrial covers in Burton waters marina linclon made us some last year nice job good quality and reasonably priced 

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG