CO Alarm anyone.

rusty69

Featured Posts

Looks like a good deal if anyone needs one. 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/264421178

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fireangel-CO-9B-Carbon-Monoxide-White/dp/B00503T72E/ref=asc_df_B00503T72E/

No built in battery though!!!! 

Certified to BS EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012
& BS EN50291-2:2010

Edited by rusty69

7 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Looks like a good deal if anyone needs one. 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/264421178

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fireangel-CO-9B-Carbon-Monoxide-White/dp/B00503T72E/ref=asc_df_B00503T72E/

No built in battery though!!!! 

Certified to BS EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012
& BS EN50291-2:2010

Amazon charge £4.50 for one, but £44.99 if you want to buy 2!!

• Haha 1

Just at a slight tangent.  At home I've just replaced our Fire Angel CO-9X which was installed June 2013 and still working fine,with the same again.  It looks just the same externally as the ones listed by the OP but internally has a 7 year battery fitted.

We've been happy with the first one and SWMBO said change it now.

1 minute ago, Grebe said:

Just at a slight tangent.  At home I've just replaced our Fire Angel CO-9X which was installed June 2013 and still working fine,with the same again.  It looks just the same externally as the ones listed by the OP but internally has a 7 year battery fitted.

We've been happy with the first one and SWMBO said change it now.

I quite like the idea of removable batteries, though they require changing every year. I remove them when leaving the boat overnight. 

3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I quite like the idea of removable batteries, though they require changing every year. I remove them when leaving the boat overnight. 

The fire angel 7 year battery ones have a pin that you remove to activate the battery. When we leave the boat, we insert the pin again to shut down the alarm, in case it were to go off creating a nuisance. I think this is a better idea than removable batteries because it is too easy to forget / not bother to replace batteries every year or so.

5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

The fire angel 7 year battery ones have a pin that you remove to activate the battery. When we leave the boat, we insert the pin again to shut down the alarm, in case it were to go off creating a nuisance. I think this is a better idea than removable batteries because it is too easy to forget / not bother to replace batteries every year or so.

Ah, OK. I didn't realise that, though agree with the sentiment to stop nuisance alarms. 

I have a recurring calendar reminder to prompt me to change the batteries. 

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Stating the bleeding obvious, of course, but this does require you remember to take the pin out again once you are back on board!

3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Stating the bleeding obvious, of course, but this does require you remember to take the pin out again once you are back on board!

Yes it does. What we do is remove the CO alarm and the 2 smoke alarms from the wall and put them on the kitchen worktop. Removing the smoke alarms automatically turns them off, we just have to add the pin to the CO alarm. So there is an obvious visual reminder when we return, that we need to refit the alarms and part of that process is to pull out the pin. If the pin is in, a small flag attached to the pin is visible.

All this following a phone call from the marina about 5 years ago, because one of our alarms was repeatedly sounding and annoying a neighbour. We were 425 miles away at home, but fortunately the marina had a key for the boat. I told them to bin the alarm, we got a new one.