Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
rusty69

CO Alarm anyone.

Featured Posts

Looks like a good deal if anyone needs one. 

 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/264421178

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fireangel-CO-9B-Carbon-Monoxide-White/dp/B00503T72E/ref=asc_df_B00503T72E/

 

No built in battery though!!!! 

 

 

Certified to BS EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012
& BS EN50291-2:2010

Edited by rusty69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£4.50?!?!?!  I notice that Tesco are doing a Fireangel toast proof smoke alarm for the same price too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

£4.50?!?!?!  I notice that Tesco are doing a Fireangel toast proof smoke alarm for the same price too....

The CO alarms seem to be on e-bay inc delivery for about 6squid too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Looks like a good deal if anyone needs one. 

 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/264421178

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fireangel-CO-9B-Carbon-Monoxide-White/dp/B00503T72E/ref=asc_df_B00503T72E/

 

No built in battery though!!!! 

 

 

Certified to BS EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012
& BS EN50291-2:2010

 

Amazon charge £4.50 for one, but £44.99 if you want to buy 2!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just at a slight tangent.  At home I've just replaced our Fire Angel CO-9X which was installed June 2013 and still working fine,with the same again.  It looks just the same externally as the ones listed by the OP but internally has a 7 year battery fitted.

 

We've been happy with the first one and SWMBO said change it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grebe said:

Just at a slight tangent.  At home I've just replaced our Fire Angel CO-9X which was installed June 2013 and still working fine,with the same again.  It looks just the same externally as the ones listed by the OP but internally has a 7 year battery fitted.

 

We've been happy with the first one and SWMBO said change it now.

I quite like the idea of removable batteries, though they require changing every year. I remove them when leaving the boat overnight. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

I quite like the idea of removable batteries, though they require changing every year. I remove them when leaving the boat overnight. 

 

The fire angel 7 year battery ones have a pin that you remove to activate the battery. When we leave the boat, we insert the pin again to shut down the alarm, in case it were to go off creating a nuisance. I think this is a better idea than removable batteries because it is too easy to forget / not bother to replace batteries every year or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

The fire angel 7 year battery ones have a pin that you remove to activate the battery. When we leave the boat, we insert the pin again to shut down the alarm, in case it were to go off creating a nuisance. I think this is a better idea than removable batteries because it is too easy to forget / not bother to replace batteries every year or so.

Ah, OK. I didn't realise that, though agree with the sentiment to stop nuisance alarms. 

 

I have a recurring calendar reminder to prompt me to change the batteries. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

The fire angel 7 year battery ones have a pin that you remove to activate the battery. When we leave the boat, we insert the pin again to shut down the alarm, in case it were to go off creating a nuisance. I think this is a better idea than removable batteries because it is too easy to forget / not bother to replace batteries every year or so.

Stating the bleeding obvious, of course, but this does require you remember to take the pin out again once you are back on board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Stating the bleeding obvious, of course, but this does require you remember to take the pin out again once you are back on board!

Yes it does. What we do is remove the CO alarm and the 2 smoke alarms from the wall and put them on the kitchen worktop. Removing the smoke alarms automatically turns them off, we just have to add the pin to the CO alarm. So there is an obvious visual reminder when we return, that we need to refit the alarms and part of that process is to pull out the pin. If the pin is in, a small flag attached to the pin is visible.

 

All this following a phone call from the marina about 5 years ago, because one of our alarms was repeatedly sounding and annoying a neighbour. We were 425 miles away at home, but fortunately the marina had a key for the boat. I told them to bin the alarm, we got a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

£13.95

 

Demand responsive pricing. All the folks from here looking at the Amazon link have pushed the price up threefold!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.