Engine mounts too small

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Unless the propeller is at the front of the boat the picture shows the engine was moved towards the bow 'forward' (you can see the old mount holes), so he intends to put new mounts on and move it towards the stern where it originally was.

Yes, I believe you, I’m simply confused why anyone would say ‘backwards’ (and repeat it) when they mean ‘forwards’. 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Yes, I believe you, I’m simply confused why anyone would say ‘backwards’ (and repeat it) when they mean ‘forwards’. 

That is the problem when incorrect terminology is concerned, Terms have been developed over centuries for just such reasons - to avoid confusion.

Sometimes we have to guess what the 'writer' means not 'what he says'.

37 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm reading it that when the OP says 'forward' he means towards the stern (actually backwards) it is the only way his posts make sense.

It would help to use the correct boat terminology.

Yeah this, sorry all. I'll try to be a bit clearer in future. ?

Just now, IDS said:

Is it possible a previous owner had a new engine or gearbox fitted?

Engine numbers match the original paperwork with boat. Am I right in thinking that if somebody were to fit a flexible coupling that they'd have to cut of some of the shaft in order to fit it? 

Get an address, send lots and lots of tissues because this is going to end in tears.

You do not know what you are doing, or what you are working with or even why you are doing it.

Best of luck, if you don't want to listen to good advice, you are on your own pal.

14 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Get an address, send lots and lots of tissues because this is going to end in tears.

You do not know what you are doing, or what you are working with or even why you are doing it.

Best of luck, if you don't want to listen to good advice, you are on your own pal.

See post #16

17 hours ago, Pirateringo said:

Yeah this, sorry all. I'll try to be a bit clearer in future. ?

Engine numbers match the original paperwork with boat. Am I right in thinking that if somebody were to fit a flexible coupling that they'd have to cut of some of the shaft in order to fit it? 

Maybe easier to move the engine forwards, towards the bow ...

Your Isuzu engine would of been originally supplied with Trelleborg Cushyfloat mounts. The same size mount was used on the Isuzu 35, 42 and 55 models. It looks like the outline of the old mounts is still visible in your pictures. 

1 hour ago, lazyboy said:

Your Isuzu engine would of been originally supplied with Trelleborg Cushyfloat mounts. The same size mount was used on the Isuzu 35, 42 and 55 models. It looks like the outline of the old mounts is still visible in your pictures. 

https://www.trelleborg.com/en/anti-vibration-solutions/products--and--solutions/marine--and--energy--solutions/cushyfloat--product--range

The op will need the medium spec.

Edited by Flyboy