reflek fire advice

haza

Featured Posts

hi all .i took my relfek fire apart today and gave it a good cleaning and overhall..put it back together and there seemed to be now problem i thought , but when i light it, it goes well for 5/10 mins then goes out .it seems not enough oil is getting into the toby dvr any advice with this please thanks in advance

8 hours ago, haza said:

hi all .i took my relfek fire apart today and gave it a good cleaning and overhall..put it back together and there seemed to be now problem i thought , but when i light it, it goes well for 5/10 mins then goes out .it seems not enough oil is getting into the toby dvr any advice with this please thanks in advance

Pray what is a toby dvr ?

its the thingy that controls the imput of the oil that feeds the fire .no need to pray tho lol theres more worthwhile thinks to pray for ,,,,i,e the bush fires in oz ,world wars .the use of plastic too name just a few ,thanks tho for your thought s

9 hours ago, haza said:

Is oil grtting into the burner pot wben you set the xontrol to No.2 and press the thermocouple overide button? You need a 50p piece sized pool. If not use the L shaped scraper by moving it vigorously in and out. When the stove is on leave it pulled out.

Are you holding the thermocouple override button in long enough?

Are the flames playing on the thermocouple?

hi cuthound thanks for getting back to me .if i could explain ..i put the meths in light fire then after a couple of mins it kicks in and runs great for abt 10 mins .then goes out ..it was running fine before i decided to give a good clean , i have not messed with the two little brass screws as i was told never to mess with those by the guy i got out to set the fire up and too which he had set them .when i cleaned the fire i took the float out and the other bits to give them a good glean maybe i have not put them back right ,but to be honest i dont see how i could have got that wrong as it went back the same way it came out .any ideas thanks again 

I had a Bubble diesel stove - similar but not identical - and after a 'service' got little fuel coming through and suspected an air lock somewhere between tank and fire, but no idea where (and the two were about 50' apart!). Fuel would seep through giving, similar to you, a few minutes of burn. A mate suggested the following, which firstly I laughed at, but it did the trick -

Make sure the fuel filler is reasonably airtight, tape 6" or so of old inner tube over the air vent, tape the other end over a foot pump end, and try and blow up the diesel tank. Whether it was crud somewhere, or an air lock, it worked and the fire was fine from then on. Before trying to blow it up, I left the fuel line at the fire 'open' and the results were instant - loads of fuel coming through.

However, be prepared to get the usual smart comments from passing boaters ......................'what's up mate, got a flat boat?' etc etc

thanks guys all up and running ,,and thank to you cuthound ,i was not holding .the themo thingly in long enough .nor was i lifting the float lever .and you know what they also say ...every day is a school day ,and thanks 

again 

• Greenie 1