Deano1988

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

that is sooooo bad !

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

... . .     - .... .     --- - .... . .-.     - .... .-. . .- -..

I thought it was quite good (once I dusted off my old MF Radio Ham memory....)

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

Long long ago (in a galaxy far far, no, hang on...) we used to drive in convoy flashing Morse on the headlights / rear fogs. A "J 13" from behind followed by "R" (message received and understood) from the front worked wonders before mobile phones and even CB

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Look, they got all snotty about people writing Welsh in that other thread. God only knows what'll break loose now. 

From comments above, I assume it's Morse code? I thought at first that it was Braille, but that wouldn't work very well on a smooth screen.

8 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

How about Welsh written in morse

I have always wondered why, on a public forum, some people write in a way that many will not understand or at the very least have to go to trouble to get translated.

If you don't want everybody to understand why bother posting, it seems daft to me.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

I have always wondered why, on a public forum, some people write in a way that many will not understand or at the very least have to go to trouble to get translated.

If you don't want everybody to understand why bother posting, it seems daft to me.

I have this vague suspicion it was a joke...

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I have this vague suspicion it was a joke...

The morse clearly was the regular welsh isn't so you are left either not understanding or having to go to the trouble of getting a translation.   If you don't want everybody to understand what you say either don't post or use a PM.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

The morse clearly was the regular welsh isn't so you are left either not understanding or having to go to the trouble of getting a translation.   If you don't want everybody to understand what you say either don't post or use a PM.

I got slated as being a 'racist' by some funny old sods on this forum for suggesting the same a couple of weeks ago - beware incoming flak :unsure:

Just now, Murflynn said:

I got slated as being a 'racist' by some funny old sods on this forum for suggesting the same a couple of weeks ago - beware incoming flak :unsure:

As far as I am concerned they can flak away.  It just seems so daft posting on a public forum something you intend not to be public.

I belong to an online community which is world wide and one of the unwritten rules is posting must be in English.  Very very rarely do you see anything else and nobody has suggested it is racist the reason for it is that it is the language most of the posters can understand.

1 hour ago, Jerra said:

What are you communicating here? I'm certainly left not understanding.

4 hours ago, Athy said:

From comments above, I assume it's Morse code? I thought at first that it was Braille, but that wouldn't work very well on a smooth screen.

I am reading a book at the moment written in braille. 

Something bad is about to happen, I can feel it...

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

you don't understand English then? .................  just needs a little creative thinking, adding a comma where necessary. 

I used to think that I was fairly fluent in English but "The morse clearly was the regular welsh isn't" doesn't mean anything to me.

Obviously I overestimated my ability in this area.

44 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Tell me when to laugh!   Shall I start pulling you and others up on punctuation, spelling and typos?

Don't know about "others" but you are very welcome to help me whenever you want.

By the way, I genuinely didn't understand, I wasn't having a laugh (well I was a bit but only because your post was about communicating clearly).