Peace At Last

Parahandy

Featured Posts

I arrived at a quiet spot just up by Grafton Regis on Friday and an Artist Friend is moored nearby . This Afternoon we were enjoying a chat and a Cup of Tea when a Plastic Boat moored in between us . Forty years afloat and this sort of behaviour never ceases to amaze me , a completely empty Towpath for at least quarter of a mile in each direction but this Plank insists on squeezing in between

Ok its a free Country so you take it on the chin , why worry ? Of course I knew what was coming , off he jumps with the Mrs and smelly kids raises his hand in our direction and disappears , he has effectively utilised us as a Security Measure for his Boat . Of course it hasn't ended there , for some reason this Boat has been bleeping continuously since 4 o'clock this Afternoon , its now getting late and in the stillness of the night all we can here is this bloody beeping . We have now untied the Clothes Rope which passes for a Mooring Line and moved this nuisance out of Earshot , at long last we shall be able to enjoy the Countryside and some Peace and Quiet .

• Greenie 3

15 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

I arrived at a quiet spot just up by Grafton Regis on Friday and an Artist Friend is moored nearby . This Afternoon we were enjoying a chat and a Cup of Tea when a Plastic Boat moored in between us . Forty years afloat and this sort of behaviour never ceases to amaze me , a completely empty Towpath for at least quarter of a mile in each direction but this Plank insists on squeezing in between

Ok its a free Country so you take it on the chin , why worry ? Of course I knew what was coming , off he jumps with the Mrs and smelly kids raises his hand in our direction and disappears , he has effectively utilised us as a Security Measure for his Boat . Of course it hasn't ended there , for some reason this Boat has been bleeping continuously since 4 o'clock this Afternoon , its now getting late and in the stillness of the night all we can here is this bloody beeping . We have now untied the Clothes Rope which passes for a Mooring Line and moved this nuisance out of Earshot , at long last we shall be able to enjoy the Countryside and some Peace and Quiet .

Baler twine?

35 minutes ago, Parahandy said:

is it a liveaboard grp? how do people cope with cold weather because I thought grps dont have much heating and minimal insulation?

8 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

is it a liveaboard grp? how do people cope with cold weather because I thought grps dont have much heating and minimal insulation?

The live aboard GRP boats I have seen inevitably have a wooden box like structure mounted on the back , a makeshift chimney and the obligatory Toilet Cassette on the roof none of which appear to be present on this Craft so I dont believe it is a live aboard . It is however pretty decrepit and I noticed a pile of empty Stella Cans when I went to add some additional mooring lines this morning to supplement the Clothes Line . Anyway job done and we will be off soon .

8 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Baler twine?

Slightly stronger in that its Clothes Line . What do you think that Bleeping is ? I looked in the back perhaps thinking the ignition panel was still alight but could see nothing , then we thought Smoke Detector or Carbon Monoxide Detector but whatever it is the cabin is locked . Its amazing when in the Countryside just how much these sort of noises grate on you especially in the still of the night

1 minute ago, nbfiresprite said:

Maybe one of these small inverters (100-150 watt) left switch on. They can beep for a couple of days before going dead due to low voltage.

Yes your possibly right and its an easy thing to do  , im glad I managed to make the Boat more secure , if he is moving it every weekend it could possibly be moored there all week

That is one of my pet hates too. I take the batteries out of our CO alarms if leaving the boat overnight. There is nothing worse than a bleeding bleeping boat. 

Now I come to think of it, this action probably now invalidates my BS certificate and hence my insurance. Doh! 

Edited by rusty69