Sub £10k Narrowboats

SailorJerold

Featured Posts

There were a couple of really useful books published by one of the boating magazines many years ago. I think they were called "The Narrowboat Builders Book" and owners book  or something like that. If the boat needs work doing, they were a mine of useful ideas, put together as someone did up an old boat. If you go ahead and think they might be useful, let me know and I'll see if I've still got my copies somewhere.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

There were a couple of really useful books published by one of the boating magazines many years ago. I think they were called "The Narrowboat Builders Book" and owners book  or something like that. If the boat needs work doing, they were a mine of useful ideas, put together as someone did up an old boat. If you go ahead and think they might be useful, let me know and I'll see if I've still got my copies somewhere.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Narrowboat-Builders-Book-Graham-Booth/dp/1870002717

A better link https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graham-Booth/e/B0034PSPSM/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1

Edited by ditchcrawler
  • Greenie 1

14 hours ago, kellyjllek said:

The boat though seems overall  in much better looking condition than most others I've seen around the same price. This does not look like a project boat at all, but I know in many ways it probably is! I plan this as a temporary boat to see if I can even handle boat life. I would hope to maintain and improve it a bit, and if things work out, upsize in the future.  

I think every 2nd hand boat (and some new ones!) end up as project boats. At 28', any jobs won't be too big so hopefully your experience will be good.

• Greenie 1