Forum Finances 2019

BEngo

Featured Posts

I had looked at the donation page a few days ago. There were no details there as to the cost of running the forum, so this report has come at a good time. I will go on now and make an annual donation. 

On 03/01/2020 at 10:45, BEngo said:

We spent  a little more than £1140  on running the site,

On 03/01/2020 at 10:45, BEngo said:

As an example from 12 x  £1.00  donations we get £10.80.  From an annual donation of £12.00 we would get £11.35- an extra 5%.

So 100 donors each paying £1 per month by annual donation would more or less cover the running costs. How many individual donors did we have last year?

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

So 100 donors each paying £1 per month by annual donation would more or less cover the running costs. How many individual donors did we have last year?

Yes, indeed, 100 regular donations of £12, once a year,  would be lovely,  If we could have them spaced out neatly so there were 8-10 donations every month with the bulges just before we pay for the forum software, that would be even better.  Unfortunately the reality is otherwise.  However, what we do have now, is a position where we have outgoings that are less than our income in most months  and where we do not have to sporadically appeal for funds because we don't have enough in the bank to pay the bills.  That is due to the on-going generosity of the Forum's users and to work by Rich M to reduce OpEx.

I have looked through the Paypal stats to see what detail  is available , but  I appear to be unable to answer the  "How many" question without doing a detailed sort and count from each monthly Paypal statement.  Even then I am likely to miss or double count some individuals.   It may be some while coming,.......

What I can see from Paypal stats is that there were 301 donations last year (2019),  of all types. Looking at the statements, in a typical  month we received between 15 and 18 subscription donations and 6-10 one-off payments.  Mostly the regular subscription payments are donations of £1 , which, less Paypal's fees,  gve us somewhere in the order of £15-20.00.  There are a couple of months with a cluster of 6-monthly and  annual donations and these are better for the bank balance.  The one off payments make up the bulk of our income. 

Nigel

• Greenie 1