Goodnight folks

MHS

Featured Posts

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 00:59, blackrose said:

I did Limehouse to Teddington at night once and navigating some of those bridges in the dark can be quite disorientating. It's sometimes tricky to judge the approach angles until you get up quite close, especially the bridges further out of London which aren't lit up by the city.

Not sure we could have done that with a 45' mast. The Thames barrier was interesting enough :boat:

We've sold our boat, as family commitments have changed. That lovely picture at the top of this thread reminds me of the magic we're missing. 

Me and some chums, 2 yrs ago, went through the night on the GU and oxford, at the end of january - it was an unforgettable experience illuminated by torchlight. Slightly marred by freezing rain all the way, but we had lovely steak, baked potatoes and plenty of warming spirit. 

I don't have photos because it was raining so much unfortunately and the daylight ones seem to show a group of old vagrants which bear no relation to our memories. 

• Happy 1