Replacement LED bulbs

Featured Posts

Your LED light does not appear to have any voltage stabilisation circuitry.  It will only be suitable for a maximum of 12volts, so even if you find a direct replacement it will fail after a short period.  You need one that can handle at least 15 volts for boat use.  There are plenty about that have a voltage range of 8 to 30 volts.

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

Thats quite a bigun. Whats the diameter?

Alot of domelights like those used to use a 21w festoon (?) bulb so if you are happy to use a smaller led unit it would be easy to find something eg https://bedazzledledlighting.co.uk/product/g4-wired-21-led/

Around 4 inches in diameter.

Thanks a lot for the link, that's really helpful. I'll buy that and give it a go

Do none of the LEDs light?  It’s unusual for them all to die at the same time. If they have then I’d be looking for a break in the circuit somewhere. 

This might be of interest to you:

https://www.simplelighting.co.uk/6w-circular-led-panel-120mm-diameter-warm-natural-cool-white-led/?gclid=CjwKCAiAo7HwBRBKEiwAvC_Q8dEe5Mkh3y4lOiQxSGM6E41zgWHdTXd3b8wecf1N1lWoaf9k-0a7uRoCoHcQAvD_BwE#fo_c=1144&fo_k=8880e5dd35d9716bb3bc5b46a20a9788&fo_s=gplauk

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Do none of the LEDs light?  It’s unusual for them all to die at the same time. If they have then I’d be looking for a break in the circuit somewhere. 

https://www.simplelighting.co.uk/6w-circular-led-panel-120mm-diameter-warm-natural-cool-white-led/?gclid=CjwKCAiAo7HwBRBKEiwAvC_Q8dEe5Mkh3y4lOiQxSGM6E41zgWHdTXd3b8wecf1N1lWoaf9k-0a7uRoCoHcQAvD_BwE#fo_c=1144&fo_k=8880e5dd35d9716bb3bc5b46a20a9788&fo_s=gplauk

Half of them turn on and the other half flicker on and off or off completely.

Thanks for the link, I'll check this out

42 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Not so good for a  12v system  given they are mains units....

18 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

often caused by over voltage

More typical of cheap Chinese units I’d say ....

As above, I’ve had great led lights from bedazzled. The lumens per watt seem to have got a lot more efficient over the years and their bulbs are usually good for variable voltages, I think usually between around 10-30v, so can cope with fluctuations in your voltage. I’ve replaced older led lights with newer ones and got brighter lights for the same amps. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, jonathanA said:

If you say so ?

Yup, much the same as post #4. 

I couldn’t find the panel currently used in OP’s lamps and the 2” unit from

post 4 might look a bit weedy, so I searched for a 4” one. 

I replaced some very gloomy leds, just the plug in bulb units not the fittings. Went for something slightly more powerful and they were too bright for me. I think efficiency has improved. Look at lumen output rather than wattage. Also cool or warm makes a massive difference. Would be good to try one first but then you would be stung with extra postage. I ended up buying a replacement set for the original replacements. Not a massive amount but I was only replacing  3 bulbs.