Cheap boat on flea bay?

bigcol

Featured Posts

Just see this up for auction 

would this be a good buy,I appreciate the photos do not show the full potential.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70-ft-Narrowboat-opend-by-kenn-Dodd-project-liveaboard/333450719645?hash=item4da336319d:g:kk0AAOSw-zxeAQ08

col

Edited by buccaneer66
Made link clickable

That sort of thing happens relatively often over here, when buying a house. The Notaire often suggests to the vendor that it would be wise to stick a clause in the sales contract to the effect that if there is rubbish left after the day of the sale, a daily fee is charged to the seller till it is all cleared. It tends to get rubbish cleared very fast.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

when 5p rule came, I did resist for a month or so, carrying eggs, milk and other stuff in my hands but then gave in.

Now I am a hoarder of bags for life.

You mean the 5p charge for supermarket plastic bags? Forewarned and forearmed, we accumulated as many as possible before the free-bag ban. We don't use them for carrying shopping but we do line our kitchen pedal bin with them, as they're just the right size

We haven't yet needed to buy any bin-liners so we must have done a decent job.

16 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Because they knew it would irritate you.

It doesn't irritate me, what it shows it that the person trying to sell doesn't care that they will not get the best price for their boat and will potentially put off some buyers. And I note I'm not the only person who thinks in a similar manner.

However I doubt that will satisfy you. 
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda butty.

6 hours ago, David Mack said:

So what happened to the New Horizons Project?

I think New Horizons is a accessibility boat based in Stockport.  But this boat looked to previously belong to the Canal Boat Adventure Project, based in Runcorn, I guess New Horizons was the original name. They are still about, and seem to use a wide beam now.

http://www.canalboatadventureproject.org/

Edited by The Dreamer

21 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

Why can't sellers at least make an effort to tidy up before they take photos??

I'd say it would be a week's work and and grand in skips to tidy the boat up.

Maybe they have other things to do in life, or are no longer fit enough (like you presumably are!) , to tidy it up...