IKEA+construction = Mensa

Fender151

Featured Posts

So I am being invaded by my family and partner at the end of next week, love it!!

It occurred to me I don't have enough storage space, three girls + 1 guy  for 3 days must be at least 7 suitcases, solution but another IKEA chest of draws.

NO, wrong thinking.

I have rebuilt car & motorbike engines with less hassle, without a manual.

I didn't revert to drill or the large hammer, but I have been advised I have used up my total 2020 allocation of swearing!!!

What really pisses me is that I did this a few years ago, I wish I had a brain/memory.

I think anybody that can complete an IKEA assembly, following the instructions provided 1st time, should qualify for entry to MENSA. 

Note to self, next time storage issue, drive to Charity shop and dump my stuff, not even the meat balls make it worth the pain.

15 minutes ago, Fender151 said:

So I am being invaded by my family and partner at the end of next week, love it!!

It occurred to me I don't have enough storage space, three girls + 1 guy  for 3 days must be at least 7 suitcases, solution but another IKEA chest of draws.

NO, wrong thinking.

I have rebuilt car & motorbike engines with less hassle, without a manual.

I didn't revert to drill or the large hammer, but I have been advised I have used up my total 2020 allocation of swearing!!!

What really pisses me is that I did this a few years ago, I wish I had a brain/memory.

I think anybody that can complete an IKEA assembly, following the instructions provided 1st time, should qualify for entry to MENSA. 

Note to self, next time storage issue, drive to Charity shop and dump my stuff, not even the meat balls make it worth the pain.

What you needed was a nine-year-old to hand, to show you how to do it...

1 hour ago, Fender151 said:

Ahh the meat balls, I was conned to enter an IKEA with the promise of lush meat balls.

Total miss selling, overcooked rubbish

I went to IKEA in Southampton before Christmas.

But I escaped.

(But not before I had to go to the entrance on floor 4 marked 'ENTRANCE'. En route I had walked past the door, on floor 1, marked 'Exit'. I knew what I wanted and where it was, but guess where? On floor 1, right by the exit!)

ETA: No meatballs were involved in the purchase of my wife's Christmas present.

Edited by Victor Vectis

1 hour ago, tree monkey said:

Ahh the meat balls, I was conned to enter an IKEA with the promise of lush meat balls.

Total miss selling, overcooked rubbish

I have always suspected this, thanks for confirming!

Something else bothering me about them is, what sort of 'meat' are they made from? The 'mechanically recovered' type, I suspect.....