Vanessa1402

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

I’m not sure what I’ve done to attract his attention, apart from not be the “right” kind of person who “deserves” a narrow boat. You seem resentful of the attention he’s giving me (unwelcome though it is) I’m sure you can attract his interest if you try harder, your “mysterious” schtick doesn’t seem to be working... 

oh babes I tried, he does not like my jokes... :(

am as 'mysterious' as are 'you are coming on to' as suggested by somebody...

Edited by restlessnomad

4 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

oh babes I tried, he does not like my jokes... :(

am as 'mysterious' as are 'you are coming on to' as suggested by somebody...

I have no idea what the second part of that even means. However, just because there are others on here that have made unpleasant comments about me doesn’t strengthen your position. Nasty “gang” mentality just shows up a persons weakness. 

Just now, Vanessa1402 said:

I have no idea what the second part of that even means. However, just because there are others on here that have made unpleasant comments about me doesn’t strengthen your position. Nasty “gang” mentality just shows up a persons weakness. 

it means I cast as much aspersion on your intent as you on mine...

I have no gang affiliation here...

7 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

it means I cast as much aspersion on your intent as you on mine...

I have no gang affiliation here...

Yet you use others nastiness to justify your own. Sounds pretty much like “ganging up” to me.

Not that I care too much. Like I say, if I’m under your skin so much that you’ve got to attempt to portray me in an objectionable light , just scroll on by. 

Edited by Vanessa1402

8 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

Yet you use others nastiness to justify your own. Sounds pretty much like “ganging up” to me.

Not that I care too much. Like I say, if I’m under your skin is much that you’ve got to attempt to portray me in an objectionable light , just scroll on by. 

ditto...

you sound like you care a tiny bit. :)

it might seem like ganging up because of series of posts by others(fair enough).. but I am not in a gang... cant stress this enough... any nastiness is mine and mine only...

Edited by restlessnomad

3 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

ditto...

it might seem like ganging up because of series of posts by others(fair enough).. but I am not in a gang... cant stress this enough... any nastiness is mine and mine only...

At least you take ownership of your unpleasantness. Might come across as a bit more genuine if you didn’t use the “I must be right because somebody else says so too.”

Instead of doing the adult thing and apologising for your quite unnecessary nastiness, the least you can do is cease and desist. Too much to ask for clearly...

Shame to see such misogyny in someone I assume to be a woman ( yes, we know , you’re too mysterious to even tell us your gender...)  

9 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

ditto...

Your right, I do care. Not much boils my piss more than nastiness and bullying, whether it’s me that the target or someone else.

1 minute ago, Vanessa1402 said:

At least you take ownership of your unpleasantness. Might come across as a bit more genuine if you didn’t use the “I must be right because somebody else says so too.”

Instead of doing the adult thing and apologising for your quite unnecessary nastiness, the least you can do is cease and desist. Too much to ask for clearly...

Shame to see such misogyny in someone I assume to be a woman ( yes, we know , you’re too mysterious to even tell us your gender...)  

Your right, I do care. Not much boils my piss more than nastiness and bullying, whether it’s me that the target or someone else.

Ditto??? Where did I quote someone else to justify my own position? Weak.

19 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

well thanks for accepting my version, because its annoying being implied a bully... so I think we both agree that we are saying a bit nasty stuff about each other... but its 1 to 1

misogyny.. me? I thought am a feminist...

why should I cease and desist.. we both are enjoying this conversation.. be honest... :)

if you are not, then its easy to put me on ignore list (click on your user name on top left corner then select 'ignored users'..).. do let me know if you do ... so that I wont reply to your post.

Edited by restlessnomad

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

'Tis a terrible shame the nastiness posted in this is once again tolerated on the forum by Team Mod. The number of active posters seems to be reducing daily and I know LOTS of boaters in real life who have stopped posting on here as a result of bad manners and intolerance on the part of a tiny minority here. But they drive away the nicer type of boater this forum really needs to come back.

Just my opinion. 

make me a mod... am impartial and very rarely nasty.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Even when you apply, your ignored, not even a 'thanks for applying' message - ask @Mike the Boilerman

honestly I think you are better off not being a mod as you have so much relevant knowledge and you usually help others...

mod stuff should be left to ignorant people like me, who lack specific knowledge to meaningfully contribute to a conversation.. (and brexit/politics does not count).. but willing to stick to a published rules without bothering about popularity.

49 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

well thanks for accepting my version, because its annoying being implied a bully... so I think we both agree that we are saying a bit nasty stuff about each other... but its 1 to 1

misogyny.. me? I thought am a feminist...

why should I cease and desist.. we both are enjoying this conversation.. be honest... :)

if you are not, then its easy to put me on ignore list (click on your user name on top left corner then select 'ignored users'..).. do let me know if you do ... so that I wont reply to your post.

Yes, I’ll put you in my ignore list. 
Nope, I’m not enjoying your posts at all. You have much to learn about feminism, big part of it is allowing women to do and be what they choose without fear of ridicule or bullying. 

47 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

make me a mod... am impartial and very rarely nasty.

It’s you that’s the problem! 

24 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

Yes, I’ll put you in my ignore list. 
Nope, I’m not enjoying your posts at all. You have much to learn about feminism, big part of it is allowing women to do and be what they choose without fear of ridicule or bullying. 

It’s you that’s the problem! 

cool... will do same to avoid replying.. ciao!

Edited by restlessnomad

48 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

we have touched many topics but this thread is missing Dunkella's latest adventures.

The fair Dunkella is resting at the moment but there are my adventures of Mrs Blenkinsop, Trixie the gymnast and her incontinent dad which can be read in the archives. Stick Phut phut boat in the search box, or Regret.   No, not regret, too many regrets there to find anything.              Found it  Phutt phutt boat is the one.

Edited by bizzard

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

'Tis a terrible shame the nastiness posted in this thread is once again tolerated on the forum by Team Mod. The number of active posters seems to be reducing daily and I know LOTS of boaters in real life who have stopped posting on here as a result of bad manners and intolerance on the part of a tiny minority here. But they drive away the nicer type of boater this forum really needs to come back.

Just my opinion. 

I spend a lot of time boating and a bit less time on this forum of late, and sadly Mike is right. In the real world I meet a lot of boaters who know of the forum, but don't use it because its seen as a bad place.

...............Dave

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, dmr said:

I spend a lot of time boating and a bit less time on this forum of late, and sadly Mike is right. In the real world I meet a lot of boaters who know of the forum, but don't use it because its seen as a bad place.

...............Dave

That’s a shame. I’ve looked around for other forums myself, and Facebook groups- one of which is called something like “friendly Narrowboat group” so maybe this kind of thing is commonplace? 

6 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

That’s a shame. I’ve looked around for other forums myself, and Facebook groups- one of which is called something like “friendly Narrowboat group” so maybe this kind of thing is commonplace? 

I've given this a great deal of thought over the last few years of the decline of this forum and my view is it's something to do with the nature of the type of person who gravitates to narrowboating, and succeeds at it. Narrowboaters tend to be tenacious people who don't give up in the face of adversity. Such people tend to be highly opinionated too, and usually keen to both express their opinions and to defend them fiercely when challenged. Coupled with the nature of forums, i.e. the absence of the human face-to-face non-verbal communication moderating aggression and rudeness, forums of this nature need firm moderation. Which we simply do not get these days. 

6 hours ago, Vanessa1402 said:

That’s just smut.

Although yes, this form of learning is very effective. I can still remember mathematical equations by using them. Pity we’ve been banned from teaching in this way by government “experts” who have probably never set foot in a classroom as an adult ? 

Can’t teach times tables with the repetition method any more either. Hence children arriving in Y7 without this basic, and very useful, knowledge.

Have we?

I've used:

black beetles running over your garden bring very good weather.

Resistor colour code, and:

my very elderley mother just brings us nice presents, or:

many vile earthlings munch jam sandwiches under newspaper piles.

Order of the planets.

8 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Have we?

I've used:

black beetles running over your garden bring very good weather.

Resistor colour code, and:

my very elderley mother just brings us nice presents, or:

many vile earthlings munch jam sandwiches under newspaper piles.

Order of the planets.

Thats no the one that I was taught,     but sadly my version would not be appropriate, even on this "bad" forum.

It had two variants, one of which would be a criminal offence in these modern PC times.

..............Dave

22 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

It does appear to be a universal fault with human nature. This forum is actually still much better and more useful than most, and much of facebook is depressing, though still a good way to keep up with boating goings-on.

I suspect there are a lot of miserable forum posters here who have nothing better to do than show off or upset others. I propose a new rule: only one post allowed per every hour of boating, or maybe a published quota of "posts per hours of boating". ?

...............Dave