Vanessa1402

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Vanessa1402 said:

It’s the implication that knowing something about popular culture is something to be sneered at that I found objectionable. 

It’s the implication that we should know something just because it’s popular with kids that I found objectionable. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, WotEver said:

It’s the implication that we should know something just because it’s popular with kids that I found objectionable. 

As she says she's a school librarian and spends most of the day with young impressionable teens which she probably loves as I get the impression that she loves attention, I think it's all about her, attention and image. She came her to talk about buying a boat though she says her Dad is very experienced in them. In her new post she's asking about a walk in wardrobe for her vast vintage/50's clothes collection, yet most people would be asking about hulls, engines, fit outs, surveys etc. Also just look at some of the personal info she put on and the avatars, as I say I think this is now more about her then a finding a boat. The kids are back to school this week so that may give her the attention fix I think she craves.

Edited by PD1964
  • Unimpressed 1

55 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Oh yes, and the fact that we should care what this ephemeral person has to say. 

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

As she says she's a school librarian and spends most of the day with young impressionable teens which she probably loves as I get the impression that she loves attention, I think it's all about her, attention and image. She came her to talk about buying a boat though she says her Dad is very experienced in them. In her new post she's asking about a walk in wardrobe for her vast vintage/50's clothes collection, yet most people would be asking about hulls, engines, fit outs, surveys etc. Also just look at some of the personal info she put on and the avatars, as I say I think this is now more about her then a finding a boat. The kids are back to school this week so that may give her the attention fix I think she craves.

Oh dear...I think someone has a little crush on me. 

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Sorry, I think you would be too high maintenance, no offense.

Pleased to see you mean “no offence” - be interesting to see one of your posts where you were actually trying to be offensive. I imagine my phone screen dissolving under the venom! 

I do wonder if Vanessa would be getting these comments if her username was Bert or similar. 

22 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You win todays star prize.

They are Pre take off checks, 

UFSTAL is the pre-Landing check

Was it a mnemonic though ? It doesn't seem easier to remember ?

3 minutes ago, cougie said:

I do wonder if Vanessa would be getting these comments if her username was Bert or similar. 

Indeed...I toyed with the idea of a fake persona, but decided to go with the “real me” in the end. Or did I? ;) 

4 minutes ago, cougie said:

If her user name was Burt and there was no soft focus profile / dating history / 'ooh, some places are such boys' clubs' / 'where will I store my pretty dresses' there wd have been a couple of pages of 'good luck' / 'show us pictures of the boat when you get it' and (s) he wd have left the thread alone, along with everyone else. 

It gives me hope that when I get as old as everyone else on this thread (including OP) I'll still be able to embarrass myself on social media with low level flirting ? 

Edited by TheMenagerieAfloat
Wobbly spelling
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

If her user name was Burt and there was no soft focus profile / dating history / 'ooh, some places are such boys' clubs' / 'where will I store my pretty dresses' three wd have been a couple of pages of 'good luck' / 'show us pictures of the boat when you get it' and (s) he wd have left the thread alone, along with everyone else. 

It gives me hope that when I get as old as everyone else on this thread (including OP) I'll still be able to embarrass myself on social media with low level flirting ? 

Flirting??? Dear lord! 

4 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

If her user name was Burt and there was no soft focus profile / dating history / 'ooh, some places are such boys' clubs' / 'where will I store my pretty dresses' three wd have been a couple of pages of 'good luck' / 'show us pictures of the boat when you get it' and (s) he wd have left the thread alone, along with everyone else. 

Actually, I’m more into sharp 40s style suits than “pretty dresses” although I do have some 50s circle frocks that demand foofs to make them work. 

Whole lot of assumptions you’ve made about me there. So what you’re saying is, even if I start my comms on a forum by literally saying “I am not looking to couple up” you assume I’m “flirting” ??? Dear me... 

I initially signed in with my Facebook profile which imported my profile pic. It was not an “attention seeking” move as you seem to imply. However, since then as my pics have attracted some ire, I have included some more. Because , well screw ‘em.

Perhaps there’s a hidden compliment in there somewhere ( well hidden!) as you seem to think my images “stereotypical attractive” in some way. In sneering at women who look like this you are displaying a degree of misogyny. Haven’t you heard? Women don’t have to be plain to be taken seriously any more. They don’t have to wear glasses to indicate intelligence ( although I do wear specs tbh) and blondes are not necessarily dumb. 
tbh, you seem kind of bitter....you ok, hun? 

12 minutes ago, cougie said:

It soon becomes part of your permanent memory, after repeating dozens of times a day for several years it becomes automatic. It is (probably) 30 years since I was last instructing but it is still 'in there'.

The other one whilst holding pre-take off may be easier for you :

Tommy Tickled Mary's Pussy For Fun, Golly Gosh He Had Fun

TOMMY = TRIM

TICKLED = TROTTLE (Friction)

MARY'S = MIXTURE

PUSSY = PROP

FOR FUN = FULL AND FREE

GOLLY = GAUGES

GOSH = GYRO'S

HE = HATCHES

HAD = HARNESSES

FUN = FUEL (pump on, correct tank etc)

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It soon becomes part of your permanent memory, after repeating dozens of times a day for several years it becomes automatic. It is (probably) 30 years since I was last instructing but it is still 'in there'.

TOMMY = TRIM

MARY'S = MIXTURE

PUSSY = PROP

FOR FUN = FULL AND FREE

GOLLY = GAUGES

GOSH = GYRO'S

HE = HATCHES

HAD = HARNESSES

That’s just smut.

Although yes, this form of learning is very effective. I can still remember mathematical equations by using them. Pity we’ve been banned from teaching in this way by government “experts” who have probably never set foot in a classroom as an adult ? 

Can’t teach times tables with the repetition method any more either. Hence children arriving in Y7 without this basic, and very useful, knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

TOMMY = TRIM

MARY'S = MIXTURE

PUSSY = PROP

FOR FUN = FULL AND FREE

GOLLY = GAUGES

GOSH = GYRO'S

HE = HATCHES

HAD = HARNESSES

That's going to get some reaction from the girls above I imagine.

Never even had time to post before the above sentence was proved right.

Edited by PD1964

5 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

..............and blondes are not necessarily dumb. 

You think ?

Why did the blonde go through a whole bottle of shampoo while taking a shower?

The directions said lather, rinse, repeat.

A blonde and a brunette are both in an elevator.

On the third floor a man gets on who's perfect: Italian suit, handsome, great build with a nice butt, but unfortunately they both notice he has a bad case of dandruff. The man gets off on the 5th floor.

Once the doors close, the brunette turns to the blonde and says, "Someone should give him Head & Shoulders."

To which the blonde replies, "How do you give Shoulders?"

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You think ?

Why did the blonde go through a whole bottle of shampoo while taking a shower?

The directions said lather, rinse, repeat.

A blonde and a brunette are both in an elevator.

On the third floor a man gets on who's perfect: Italian suit, handsome, great build with a nice butt, but unfortunately they both notice he has a bad case of dandruff. The man gets off on the 5th floor.

Once the doors close, the brunette turns to the blonde and says, "Someone should give him Head & Shoulders."

To which the blonde replies, "How do you give Shoulders?"

I’ve got one! It’s a bit long, so bear with...

A blind man goes into a bar. With the help of his faithful guide dog he finds his way to the bar.

”Pint of best!” He cries “and who wants to hear a blonde joke?”

The place falls silent. Then the barmaid speaks...

”Listen pal. I’M blonde. The guy you’re sitting next to? All in wrestler, blonde as Diana Dors. Woman to the right? Just got out of prison. Killed the last man who called her “blondie” with her bare hands. And yes, she too is blonde. So do you really want to tell that joke?”

The blind man considers. Then replies “Heavens no! Not if I have to explain the joke twice afterwards!” 

Badum tiiiiish 

Edited by Vanessa1402
I made a mistake. Obviously
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Does it honestly offend you that much? 

You seem to be quite offended that someone should want to do the same thing as you (own a narrowboat) but for different reasons and or with different priorities to yours so I'm to sure you have much wiggle room to criticise anybody else on being offended. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Tumshie
spelling

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

You seem to be quite offended that someone should want to do the same thing as you (own a narrowboat) but for different reasons and or with different priorities to yours so I'm to sure you have much wiggle room to criticise anybody else on being offended. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

My thoughts exactly. I’m only surprised he hadn’t called me a “snowflake” Should I bother to point out again that self awareness is lacking in this person? He doesn’t seem to have taken that on board...

5 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

aww... I like the way you two fight...

now kith.

I’m not sure what I’ve done to attract his attention, apart from not be the “right” kind of person who “deserves” a narrow boat. You seem resentful of the attention he’s giving me (unwelcome though it is) I’m sure you can attract his interest if you try harder, your “mysterious” schtick doesn’t seem to be working... 

43 minutes ago, Vanessa1402 said:

So what you’re saying is, even if I start my comms on a forum by literally saying “I am not looking to couple up” you assume I’m “flirting” ??? Dear me... 

You ok, hun? 

No, I'm not OK. Or at least I'm fine but my water pump and lights are not!

I posted about them on here. Got loads of differing advice/opinions. Didn't find that offensive. 

You posted about your love life and gender politics views... Got loads of differing advice/opinions. And... 8-)

Edited by TheMenagerieAfloat

9 minutes ago, TheMenagerieAfloat said:

No, I'm not OK. Or at least I'm fine but my water pump and lights are not!

I posted about them on here. Got loads of differing advice/opinions. Didn't find that offensive. 

You posted about your love life and gender politics views... Got loads of differing advice/opinions. And... 8-)

I think you’ll find I mostly responded to comments rather than set out to post unprovoked. 
My partners suicide is relevant to my decision to change the way I live, so i mentioned it. I was accused of secretly looking for a relationship on here- perhaps by you, there has been a bit of unpleasant assumptions made about me so I’ve lost track of who said what, so I gave an outline of why I am 100% not seeking to couple up. I’m sure as a single woman yourself you can understand why it’s important to make that clear when taking to strangers on line. 

You seem put out that conversations happen on here that are not to your liking. I suggest you stop following posts like this one so avidly and scroll on by. Let people be , your nasty bitterness is as unattractive as it is unwelcome.

Edited by Vanessa1402