What's in a Name (or the spelling of one)

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, Ray T said:

Why not name her DELHI on one side and DEHLI on the other?

Best or worst of both worlds then. ;)

At Lymm in 2007.

DSCF1485.JPG

Thanks for that Ray, that has been her mooring for many, many years and the couple who run those moorings are lovely people. We had the pleasure of using that mooring temporarily when we first bought the boat and we were made very welcome - if anyone is passing you can buy fresh eggs there and her home made jam is amazing :) - stop off at the service point for a huge book exchange and showers too.

It's interesting to see that the boat really does not look very much different. Under fendered there and the roses on the pigeon box look much fresher but the brass was dull even back then!

• Greenie 1

When we were contemplating her  appalling duck searches kept not finding her in the morass of trads for sale. Then i remembered and searched under Dehli..

Do what you like, we did with her sister boat Mecca. After all thats the good thing about her, other than the hull she is all new.

You wont have anoraks poking their noses inside the engine room doors an sniffing ‘wrong steps’.

My usual response being wrong engine, and 15 odd feet gone missing’

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ray T said:

Why not name her DELHI on one side and DEHLI on the other?

Best or worst of both worlds then. ;)

At Lymm in 2007.

DSCF1485.JPG

Your photo perhaps gives a clue as to why some owners of ex-"station boats" choose this lined maroon livery - because, historically accurate or not, it looks very smart. I remember seeing Midland Region steam locomotives painted similarly (not exactly the same - I think they used cream instead of white) and, when clean, they looked very impressive.

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Your photo perhaps gives a clue as to why some owners of ex-"station boats" choose this lined maroon livery - because, historically accurate or not, it looks very smart. I remember seeing Midland Region steam locomotives painted similarly (not exactly the same - I think they used cream instead of white) and, when clean, they looked very impressive.

I have pictures of mecca  in lms colourson the caldon next to lms liveried carriages pulled by steam engine. Wonderful.

historically inaccurate but who cares.

You cannot delete that kind of memory.

When we had her mecca’s front cabin had a  victorian railway carriage theme, bevelled glass , brass railway lights and dark victorian woodwork.

loved her.

• Greenie 1