urgent electrician lincoln

Horizon

Featured Posts

Hi all im having a bit of a nightmare, i had an electrical fire in the engine bay last night, 4am woke up with a bed room full of smoke, it seems the main wiring loom from the engine to the ignition has total melted threw and caught fire, i caught it fast so no damage other then wiring, but im now stuck desperately in need of an electrician who could come and at least get my 12v power back on and quote for the work, hands praying here can any one help or is any one an electrician this is totally beyond my skill set as an architect, my number is 07900386985 thank you all in advance hoping for a Christmas miracle here   

sorry im at Burton waters marina 

Edited by Horizon
update

I assume the staff at your marina are on holiday?

Are you a member of River Canal Rescue? If so, phone them on 01785 785680. Their job is to get you going again, so they won't do any work on leisure fittings such as lights or fridge, but they should renew things like the wiring from the ignition to the starter motor, and the starter motor itself it it has been damaged. If you aren't yet a member, I think (but am not sure) that you can join immediately, though there may be a premium charge if you do.

yes there away until the 2nd, i dont have a need to move the boat, just need power, sure line im pretty sure is ran separate from the 12v so i should be able to have sure line, but scared to reconnect ill give RCR a call see what can be done, fingers crossed there not to much damage, i could spend a week and fix my self but thats with someones advice and a youtube video lol  

If its only the engine loom that has gone up, disconnect your starter battery ( try first just turning it off at the isolator for that battery if you have two isolators )

Gingerly reconnect your cabin battery watching carefully. You should be able to get your supplies back to your lights etc. Don't run the batteries down too far though.

Is this a beta engine by any chance? iff so the loom unplugs both at the engine end and the panel end.

Long shot..................I was told that the RAC will attend and charge their fleet turnout rate but will promise to get you underway.

RCR will not fix anything but your propulsion equipment but that should include the engine wiring/loom.

Edited by Boater Sam
added more