Signwriting - Who did it? - Where - How much?

huami

Featured Posts

I rather get the feeling that the OP will prefer vinyl. So just to mention that not all vinyl companies are equal. Some take monochrome vinyl and cut to shape - if a multi-coloured design is required, they cut the different coloured pieces and apply them on top/adjacent to create the desired design. Better vinyl companies have a colour printer than can apply a multi-coloured design to a single piece of vinyl. That gives a better and more robust result.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I rather get the feeling that the OP will prefer vinyl. So just to mention that not all vinyl companies are equal. Some take monochrome vinyl and cut to shape - if a multi-coloured design is required, they cut the different coloured pieces and apply them on top/adjacent to create the desired design. Better vinyl companies have a colour printer than can apply a multi-coloured design to a single piece of vinyl. That gives a better and more robust result.

For vinyl , on our second boat, we had a Company called Lime Turtle, Iain Arnold did a smashing job on the signs for our shop boat. He's based in Burton on Trent, and can be found on Linked in or Facebook. 

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Ah, ha,  ...  A mind reader!, but very true! I do believe that vinyl may be better for me as I am not looking for the florets, castles etc.
Thank you for pointing out the difference in the vinyl companies and I will certainly keep my eyes open for a better quality.

As always, thanks again and have a great 2020.
Neil

11 hours ago, deckhand said:

For vinyl , on our second boat, we had a Company called Lime Turtle, Iain Arnold did a smashing job on the signs for our shop boat. He's based in Burton on Trent, and can be found on Linked in or Facebook. 

Thanks for the information. I am not having any success finding "Lime Turtle" and I wonder if you have any other contact details?
Have a Great 2020!
Neil

16 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

I will also add; if you decide to go with vinyl and want the colour of the letters  to match a colour of the paint on the boat, perhaps some stripes or lines you have for example. You should choose your vinyl colour first and match the paint to it as not all paint shades are available in vinyl. Of course it doesn't end there because the pigment in the paint will oxidise at a different rate to the pigment in the vinyl so it's probably better to avoid any attempt at a match. 

Thanks so much for your comprehensive information .... 
Have a Great 2020

Neil

On 29/12/2019 at 10:11, Gayzingalone said:

Thanks for the information. I am not having any success finding "Lime Turtle" and I wonder if you have any other contact details?
Have a Great 2020!
Neil

Contact; Lime Turtle Designs

30 Dale St, Burton-on-Trent DE14 3TF

Phone: 01283 529429