Boat movements.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

It was a lovely sunny and relatively warm day in Warwickshire. We would have been out on the cut but went to my Mum’s so Jeff could cook us a Christmas dinner.

I have done Christmas on the boat for probably 18 out of 19 years now

• Love 1

As I was just finishing packing the car yesterday morning,and about to go on a long motorway journey, a boat came to the wharf...."are you doing pump-outs ....".

I declined the request and wished them a smelly merry christmas.?

Edited by matty40s
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, matty40s said:

As I was just finishing packing the car yesterday morning,and about to go on a long motorway journey, a boat came to the wharf...."are you doing pump-outs ....".

I declined the request and wished them a smelly merry christmas.?

They will learn...........eventualy ?

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup - get a cassette and DIY

Simples !!

Or they could get a diary with Christmas Day marked in it and add a note that says "most businesses closed". If they're too thick to manage that, I'd rather they weren't wandering around in public with a box full of doo-doos, thank you! :D

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

We had the forethought to ‘pumpout’ on the 23rd. We had a inkling that Christmas was fairly close.

Same here, and the tank was only three quarters full

5 hours ago, MartynG said:

Christmas day must have been wonderful  weather for boating , apart from high water levels in some areas.

We had a gorgeous day on the Ashby, been dull ever since

Three years ago i was cycling to work on christmas morning past safeway. There was a car parked next to the main entrance, and a man banging on the doors shouting let me in.

I didnt stop in case the police decided to bring him in to emergency later for a mental health assessment.

very likely in rural australia. The easy solution to all problems

On 27/12/2019 at 10:34, Alan de Enfield said:

Yup - get a cassette and DIY

Simples !!

4 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

Isn't so everywhere - Lower Heyford Wharf Elsan also shut as its in their yard

The one at the top of Hatton was blocked yesterday. Glad we've got a "composting" toilet.

46 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

All you do then is use one of your spare cassettes - Simples !!!!

Far easier to go to the local, have a pint....and get rid of everything while you are there.

Lovely pumpinout cruise today, stuck the pointy end in the winding hole and had a good chop of the overhanging branches as the boat turned itself.

All camera batteries on charge as we cruised and now formatting oodles of memory cards and testing lenses for.tommorows wedding.(.....who gets married on New Years Eve!!!!!)

20191230_150319.jpg

10 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Far easier to go to the local, have a pint....and get rid of everything while you are there.

Lovely pumpinout cruise today, stuck the pointy end in the winding hole and had a good chop of the overhanging branches as the boat turned itself.

All camera batteries on charge as we cruised and now formatting oodles of memory cards and testing lenses for.tommorows wedding.(.....who gets married on New Years Eve!!!!!)

20191230_150319.jpg

Sounds like a good tactic to avoid forgetting future anniversaries ?

Married New Years Eve 2007 here. Nothing to do with not forgetting anniversaries, and all to do with the fact that it was a bit of a rush as I could have been dead soon after.

Luckily, I didn’t die, and now have no excuse for forgetting our anniversary for as long as I live :)