A very Merry Christmas to All.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, nbfiresprite said:

A Merry Christmas from the master and crew of the Rebeeca Too. And when your stuffing yourselfs full and knocking back a few pints. Remember those who are working Christmas and Boxing Day, which this year includes myself among them. 

xams card.jpg

Unlucky. Have as good a Christmas as possible.

When I was in the forces I had four, maybe five, working Christmases. Three of them away. Not good but I suppose someone has to do it. Daughter in law working today and then again on Boxing Day. Do we really need shops to be open as much as they are nowadays.

Public services and utility companies can’t stop can they? Same as livestock farmers.

Having said all that, I’m not a religious person, but I do see that the religion has gone from this season for many. It’s now a family gathering occasion now. The crew and me have decided we would have a quite one together afloat. Looking forward to it.

10 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Remember those who are working Christmas and Boxing Day, which this year includes myself among them. 

In my working days I used to try and arrange to be working away over Christmas or at least to have a Christmas Eve show  and arrive home at early Christmas morning  so I could sleep through the whole day.

Last year I went down with  Noro virus day before Christmas Eve, took to my bed, got up Boxing day late, perfect Christmas ;)

Edited by Loddon

3 minutes ago, Loddon said:

In my working days I used to try and arrange to be working away over Christmas or at least to have a Christmas Eve show  and arrive home at early Christmas morning  so I could sleep through the whole day.

Last year I went down with  Noro virus day before Christmas Eve, took to my bed, got up Boxing day late, perfect Christmas ;)

I use to work Christmas as well. Christmas comes once a ferking, when it does your ferking working.

Happy Christmas  to all

2 years post retiring so no Christmas roster or on call, Never used to sleep!

Woke up rain on campervan roof, bliss. No bushfire smoke, gather its going to be lovely day.

Back to boat in Feb. Residential visa from work will have run out by then, so maybe Christmas 2020 might be on the cut again.

That thought voiced out loud elicited a groan from under the duvet!!