Will new bill save red diesel?

Midnight

Featured Posts

51 minutes ago, peterboat said:

But we are aligned until the end of next year 

Which means we carry on with no immediate changes.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has knowledge of any changes  from red to white diesel  instructed by HMRC at any UK marina.

34 minutes ago, MartynG said:

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has knowledge of any changes  from red to white diesel  instructed by HMRC at any UK marina.

I think it means that it will be implemented,  it's a small thing that has had its consultation but you never know 

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

The consultation closure date was end of September (2019) but I cannot find any conclusions / recommendations / decisions.

maybe they have followed the RYA & IWA recommendation to delay a decision until Brexit is concluded.

13 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The consultation closure date was end of September (2019) but I cannot find any conclusions / recommendations / decisions.

maybe they have followed the RYA & IWA recommendation to delay a decision until Brexit is concluded.

These things move very slowly 

No doubt  put on hold while the general election was on 

Then waiting for activity after the election.

Then Christmas .

I think nothing will happen until it is clear what is happening after the end of January .

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, mroilguy88 said:

You can find an up to date graph of red diesel prices here. I wonder how this will pan out over 2020? 

Well at the moment unleaded here is 117.7 a litre that's because demand for oil has plummeted due China and the virus,  if the problem keeps on growing the demand for oil will shrink forcing down the price.  Wonder how this affects fishys bid for freedom north of the border?

10 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Well at the moment unleaded here is 117.7 a litre that's because demand for oil has plummeted due China and the virus,  if the problem keeps on growing the demand for oil will shrink forcing down the price.  Wonder how this affects fishys bid for freedom north of the border?

Just had a price for heating oil and its 8p Lt less that the 6 of Jan.

24 minutes ago, peterboat said:

117.7 is pretty good! Where I am is more like 120, 

Didn't even consider the Corona virus affecting prices, good point sir