Land for sale Oxford Canal

sharpness

Featured Posts

On 18/12/2019 at 08:58, WotEver said:

I think London is gradually going the way of New York where very few folk own cars because there’s nowhere to park them and it’s permanent gridlock anyway. 

There is transport 24/7, cars not needed

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Only on Friday and Saturday if you want to use the tube. And even then only on certain routes. 

If you want to visit your sick relative in Manchester then you’ll have to wait until the morning. 

29 minutes ago, Jerra said:

Provided they never want to stray away from London into very rural areas.

Exactly, with the best will in the world there is no way my travel needs could be met by public transport.

eg I went to the races on Saturday [30 miles there and back]

Taxis £10

Rail fare £7.00 [off peak return]

Bus £4

I spent four hours in transit including two hours standing around on unheated stations, included two missing buses and one missing train.

A car would have done journey in one hour, door to door and return, warm, comfortable and no stress.

Edited by LadyG

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

No but vans ARE needed. 

When the leaseholders call out someone like me to mend the boiler or the washing machine or fit a sockets in the kitchen or redecorate the flat, do you REALLY expect us to go on the bus? 

I for one tradesman always ask for a legitimate parking space when I am called out to a city centre flat. If none available, I turn down the job. Sometimes this drives the owners mad with frustration as NO-ONE will visit to fix the boiler due to no parking.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No but vans ARE needed. 

When the leaseholders call out someone like me to mend the boiler or the washing machine or fit a sockets in the kitchen or redecorate the flat, do you REALLY expect us to go on the bus? 

I for one tradesman always ask for a legitimate parking space when I am called out to a city centre flat. If none available, I turn down the job. Sometimes this drives the owners mad with frustration as NO-ONE will visit to fix the boiler due to no parking.

"There is transport 24/7, cars not needed"

When I said this it was referring to inner London, elsewhere I comment on the convenience of the automobile, the inconvenience and cost of public transport/taxis to access destination not on a convenient and affordable transport link. Where I live the local taxi services are not available 24/7, any travel starting with taxis involves "risk". Ditto trains .... although there are several cancellations locally this a.m., National Rail states that disruption is "minor"

Edited by LadyG

11 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No but vans ARE needed. 

Cant blame them can you, living anywhere without parking is an absolute no no for myself.

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Indeed it is.

Yes, just a manner of speaking from me, I recognise it clearly. The white house a little way North of it is the one inhabited by the couple who have a large photo of themselves on the outside wall, and who always wave to passing boaters. The rusty-brown long boat is, I think, called "Sans Peur", which I always think of as "Silent Cat". The offshoot going left under the main road isn't navigable; it might be possible to turn round there, but I have never dared try.

At least you could get a bus to and from Banbury town centre. 

Moor in Cropredy [long term, visitor or marina] and you get 2 buses a week, Thursday and Saturday.  Despite requests for Stagecoach to route their Daventry - Banbury service through the village [s they had to a few years ago when the flood relief works on the '361 closed the road for months], they refused.  That would be an hourly service.  That bus runs from a different depot not connected to Stagecoach in Banbury and I believe it is county council concessionary funding that's getting in the way.  No-one outside of a metropolis can rely on any form of public transport, 24/7 or otherwise.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Markinaboat said:

I don;t know it but would this be the spot?

And just south of that image is where the canal was re-routed a short distance to accommodate the large roundabout that includes Southam Road. Haven't been that way for a while (Hope to this year) but I recall that there are some long term stayers before the next road bridge, after which the remains of the original line are used for 'proper' moorings.

1 hour ago, rustynewbery said:

At least you could get a bus to and from Banbury town centre. 

Moor in Cropredy [long term, visitor or marina] and you get 2 buses a week, Thursday and Saturday.  Despite requests for Stagecoach to route their Daventry - Banbury service through the village [s they had to a few years ago when the flood relief works on the '361 closed the road for months], they refused.  That would be an hourly service.  That bus runs from a different depot not connected to Stagecoach in Banbury and I believe it is county council concessionary funding that's getting in the way.  No-one outside of a metropolis can rely on any form of public transport, 24/7 or otherwise.

Yes we got very excited thinking we only had to walk out of the village to the 361 to get a bus to banbury , and then to heathrow. Public transport from Badby to our campervan in rural victoria.

Fell at first hurdle. Thursday only.

there may be an issue with the title on this land as hinted from the description (my bold)...

The Purchaser shall be deemed to have full knowledge of all the boundaries and neither the Vendor nor the Vendor's agents will be responsible for defining the boundaries nor their ownership. A land registry search appears to show that the physical boundaries on the ground do not exactly match the Title Plan. Only the land shown edged red on the Title Plan in these sales particulars is for sale.

interesting that the title plan isn't included in the listing

Edited by Jess--

On 17/12/2019 at 22:59, matty40s said:

It's not, it's making the most of a prime undeveloped spot. 

On 17/12/2019 at 23:01, Alan de Enfield said:

Is that because you don't own it ?

It is a standard clause when there is a possibility that the land value will increase due to a change in use / planning.

It's only an opinion.

If you own something and want to realise the maximum potential from it then put the money, work and time into doing it is all I'm saying.

Insisting somebody whom has paid the current value then does all the hard work is subsequently required (years later) to cough up for having done so, in my book is greed.

I'm not bothering to go into the issues of squeezing out the small man who has the money and wants to live the dream, nor am I interested in the tax wheezes that present themselves by such actions.

However I have one of the first Golf GTi  June 1976. It would make an ideal restoration project for the right person who has the skill, knowledge, workshop, time, resources and money to do so.  This of course would greatly increase its value in time consequently anyone wanting to buy it will have to give me 30% of that on top of the purchase price for 40 years.

52 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

However I have one of the first Golf GTi  June 1976. It would make an ideal restoration project for the right person who has the skill, knowledge, workshop, time, resources and money to do so.  This of course would greatly increase its value in time consequently anyone wanting to buy it will have to give me 30% of that on top of the purchase price for 40 years.

You are 'selling' the opportunity to do the work and have a rebuilt GTi, nothing is stopping the new owner from doing the work.

Selling a plot of land to which may, or may not, be granted planning permission is a 'bit different' - it is a risk.

The new owner can buy it at the 'agricultural price' and use it for its intended purpose without having to pay the original owner 'a penny'. But should he benefit from an added value of being granted PP then it is custom & practice that their should be an uplift in the sale price.