Teamac paints

Busterboy

Featured Posts

Ive used it a few times. My roof is painted with it and thats done OK as has the Bilge paint.  The deck paint I have found to be a bit soft and wears quickly .

Its cheap(er) paint -I use the undercoat but would use something more high end for a shiny topcoat like Toplac or Craftmaster but that depends on what standard you are after. 

The paint was originally manufactured for the trawler fleet. If it can cope with the ravages of the fishing grounds, it'll cope well with our canals. It is, however, not going to give you a mirror finish,

44 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

shiny topcoat like Toplac or Craftmaster

but it does give an acceptable and durable finish. 

and, yes, coming from Hull, it is what I've used on KenDorR.

There was another thread a few months ago asking exactly the same question. 

Personally I don't like Teamac paint but only because I had a bad experience with their textured deck paint which was crap. The aggregate was impossible to get even and they admitted themselves that it hadn't gone off properly in the samples they sent me to check. I've no idea if their other paints are any good but that was enough to put me off.

Edited by blackrose

Hi .

I've recently done my roof with teamac paints and turned out a real good job . 

The suregrip anti slip paint went on great after I bought the right textured roller but it is a messy job and flicks all over the place so I sheeted the whole boat sides and masked off the roof where I didn't want the anti slip and it looks great .

That was two coats of anti slip and two coats of gloss and it will get one more coat .then we shall see how longs it lasts .

Hope this helps .

Greg