Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
jenevers

£50 million jewelry theft

Featured Posts

There’s something wrong with the world when a person owns £50 million worth of jewelry and there are homeless people living on the streets.

• Greenie 4

nothing wrong in that at all ,they have a lot more then 50 mill ..thats just what was taken ...so they said 

Something strikes me as very dodgy about this....who is she anyway??....the report on radio 4 was like you were supposed to know her? 

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

who is she anyway??....the report on radio 4 was like you were supposed to know her? 

Well on the R4 I was listening to this evening they said she is the daughter of Bernie Wossname, boss of F1.

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

Something strikes me as very dodgy about this....who is she anyway??....the report on radio 4 was like you were supposed to know her? 

She is the daughter of Bernie Ecclestone who was until recently "Mr F1".

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Well on the R4 I was listening to this evening they said she is the daughter of Bernie Wossname, boss of F1.

Missed that bit!! So basically famous for being famous?? 

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

She is the daughter of Bernie Ecclestone who was until recently "Mr F1".

Ahhh him!  

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

She’s the daughter of Bernie Ecclestone who made many times £50m running Formula One for many years. 

1 hour ago, jenevers said:

There’s something wrong with the world when a person owns £50 million worth of jewelry and there are homeless people living on the streets.

its wrong to have homelessness, nothing wrong to have £50 million worth of jewellery.

• Greenie 1

Just now, restlessnomad said:

its wrong to have homelessness, nothing wrong to have £50 million worth of jewellery.

I can think of much better things to spend £50m on!.....you could get a nice boat for that for a start

• Greenie 1

Just now, frangar said:

I can think of much better things to spend £50m on!.....you could get a nice boat for that for a start

can you wear your boat to parties?

anyway am lucky in that regard, unlikely to face any such dilemma in near future. :)

There's an old theory which is probably largely true and that is. If all the whole worlds wealth, everything, property, businesses, money, jewels and everything was divided equally amongst every person in the whole world within a couple or few years it will all be back in the original owners hands again, especially plumbers. :)

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

can you wear your boat to parties?

anyway am lucky in that regard, unlikely to face any such dilemma in near future. :)

Well she cant wear it to parties any more!!.....when my OH had her jewellery stolen in a house burglary she said to the insurance man that she'd rather have the cash than replacements as she could spend it on more tattoos as they would be harder to steal if it happened again!! 

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

There's an old theory which is probably largely true and that is. If all the whole worlds wealth, everything, property, businesses, money, jewels and everything was divided equally amongst every person in the whole world within a couple or few years it will all be back in the original owners hands again, especially plumbers. :)

I was going to say something similar. 

I don't understand how some folk think that, because there are excessively rich people on the planet, this somehow deprives people who are poor/homeless or whatever.  On the contrary, every rich person supports many 'poor' people by employing them, buying products made by them, paying taxes to provide services to help them.  

Perhaps it is more about envy than an understanding of economics.

• Greenie 4

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I've always thought that Ecclestone looks like the mummified remains of Andy Warhol. 

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, frangar said:

I suspect Bernie has got a nice boat in Monaco or similar.  It’s probably worth a lot more than 50M as well.

1 hour ago, starman said:

She’s the daughter of Bernie Ecclestone who made many times £50m running Formula One for many years. 

And put much of it in his wife and children's names as a hedge iirc. Perhaps his daughter thought (or was advised) it being in jewellery (read gold and diamonds?) was more prudent than putting it in the hands of the banks? I suspect taxation was also a key driver.

38 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

I was going to say something similar. 

I don't understand how some folk think that, because there are excessively rich people on the planet, this somehow deprives people who are poor/homeless or whatever.  On the contrary, every rich person supports many 'poor' people by employing them, buying products made by them, paying taxes to provide services to help them.  

Perhaps it is more about envy than an understanding of economics.

Ah, the good old 'Trickle down' theory so beloved of Thatchers warped monetarist theories. And perhaps unfairness is just that, unfairness, not envy or jealousy.

• Greenie 3

17 minutes ago, Bee said:

Ah, the good old 'Trickle down' theory so beloved of Thatchers warped monetarist theories. And perhaps unfairness is just that, unfairness, not envy or jealousy.

so you would like her and other rich folk to hand out all their wealth to the 'poor' on Xmas day, would you?  .... like they'd spend it all on a haircut, a new suit and the deposit on a nice flat  ............ NOT !!

43 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

so you would like her and other rich folk to hand out all their wealth to the 'poor' on Xmas day, would you?  .... like they'd spend it all on a haircut, a new suit and the deposit on a nice flat  ............ NOT !!

My view is that anyone who thinks it’s reasonable to spend £50 million on jewellery is a pretty mindless, unimaginative and narcissistic person. You could get so much more pleasure from £50 mil than by spending it on some glittery rocks and metal to adorn your body.

£50 mil for a royal yacht is a good spend. £50 mil for jewellery is obscene. I doubt she will get much sympathy.

• Greenie 2

41 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

£50 mil for a royal yacht is a good spend. £50 mil for jewellery is obscene. I doubt she will get much sympathy.

On yhe other hand £50m on a royal yacht represents a massive maintenance and depreciation drain on one's finances. £50m worth of jewellery is a store of wealth and probably cost them 'only' £30m. 

On the other hand, £50m of jewellery is more easily nicked and disposed of than a royal yot!

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Is this Ecclestone woman now a member of the royal family, then?  (You never know these days.)

4 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Is this Ecclestone woman now a member of the royal family, then?  (You never know these days.)

The late Sir Donald Gosling (NCP) left £50 million in his will to pay for a replacement for the  royal yacht

Edited by nbfiresprite

Crown jewels, estimated value - between 3 to 5 billion pounds (£). One diamond alone is valued at £400 million. 

13 hours ago, jenevers said:

I believe the property has 58 rooms.