Helping boat mobility

PhilAsh

Featured Posts

In physical work, just like exercising at the gym or outdoors, there is always the inherent risk of injury, knocks, aches and strains, particularly where heavy lifting, twisting and reaching are every-day activities on your boat or waterways

At Mobility Smart, we are regularly contacted for help and products by the boating community, to help both prevention of these injuries and help in recovery and fastest return to health.

Mobility isn't just about wheelchairs and scooters for the elderly and disabled.

We help boaters, professional emergency services staff and athletes in their health and welbeing, with everything from knee, back and shoulder supports, to support pillows and kinesiology tapes.

Take a look at our website at www.mobilitysmart.co.uk and message if you need any help or advice.

Cheers

Phil

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Borderline, yes, but this is the season of goodwill* so let it stand.

I like your Christmas spirit Athy and we've discussed Christmas adverts in another thread, so they are undoubtedly quite popular here. However, the OP hasn't made much of a Yuletide effort, has he: no festive classics like dragons, carrots and such.  I wonder if, before outright approval in the spirit of Christmas, you ought not ask for a better effort - something slightly more Christmassy? ;)

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I like your Christmas spirit Athy and we've discussed Christmas adverts in another thread, so they are undoubtedly quite popular here. However, the OP hasn't made much of a Yuletide effort, has he: no festive classics like dragons, carrots and such.  I wonder if, before outright approval in the spirit of Christmas, you ought not ask for a better effort - something slightly more Christmassy? ;)

Sprouts you want, already?

6 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Bit late for sprouts isn't it, they should have gone on boil Dec 1st if they are to be ready for the 25th

My fave veg, if lightly steamed. My old mum in law bless her used to boil them for an hour or more in water with bicarb of soda lol.

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

My fave veg, if lightly steamed. My old mum in law bless her used to boil them for an hour or more in water with bicarb of soda lol.

I don't mind them but I find it easy to have enough, mixed with good streaky bacon helps.

Oh and my mum was the same

• Greenie 1

See, what I love about this forum is that I read the subject line as being basically the anti-batton-twirlers' association... and now I find it is about sprouts! (Which, clearly, should be bought on the stem for 'light sabre' purposes / made into delicious winterval salads after light steaming...).

(In case anyone was wondering... Neither of their pet ramps look particularly useful for pontoon->trad stern terrier ingress. (Angles are more automobile -oriented). And one of them costs as much as a new terrier...)

As a previous customer of Mobility Smart I've recommended them to other people in the past. All sorts of intriguingly helpful stuff on their website from the obvious like grab rails for next to steep steps out of the boat or in the shower, grippy kitchenware that won't slide off surfaces or cups that are easy to hold when steering, to folding steps or a tray you can carry securely with a single handle which is a darn site easier than carrying a tray with both hands when you turn your shoulders to walk down a narrow boat corridor. A bit of lateral thinking and there's quite a lot of handy stuff for boaters on their website. It's not just ramps and scooters. 

• Greenie 2

On 16/12/2019 at 16:24, Ray T said:

Sprout poppers, sprout truffles, sprout crisps, sprout haters crisps as well as you bog standard sprouts are now available.

• Christmas Sprouts Poppers
    • Tesco Chocolate Truffle Sprouts 150G
      • Walkers Christmas Sprout Lovers Crisps 6X25g
        • Walkers Christmas Sprout Haters Crisps 6X25g
          • Tesco Brussels Sprouts Loose

Ah I see the regular spouts at the end have a suggested cooking time on them!