Escape to the chateau

peterboat

Featured Posts

Just watching escape to the chateau and they are doing up a Springer Narrowboat, as yet I am not sure if its an improvement or not only time will tell.

I am not sure about painting the walls Londonish white though, most certainly took the boaty bit away for me. What escapes me though is why he is putting the batteries on the bank for? clearly no idea about boats at all

10 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Just watching escape to the chateau and they are doing up a Springer Narrowboat, as yet I am not sure if its an improvement or not only time will tell.

I am not sure about painting the walls Londonish white though, most certainly took the boaty bit away for me. What escapes me though is why he is putting the batteries on the bank for? clearly no idea about boats at all

They have no idea about anything, apparently they live in France!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

Theyve donated the engine to a charity in this country, the boat is purely for another quirky accommodation opportunity......bit like London really.

I know that I watched it, it would hve been better with the engine though   Trips around the moat anybody?

No mention of facilities in order to ablute let alone number 1s or even 2s.

Kitchen sink replaced so must have a water tank, but with no engine and hard wired batteries and wind generator on the bank, there's going to be a lot of trudging up and down the bank round to the house with hose pipes and buckets of "ooh nasty"

4 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

No mention of facilities in order to ablute let alone number 1s or even 2s.

Kitchen sink replaced so must have a water tank, but with no engine and hard wired batteries and wind generator on the bank, there's going to be a lot of trudging up and down the bank round to the house with hose pipes and buckets of "ooh nasty"

I think the cooker disappeared as well in the refit as you say the rest of the essentials have been glossed over like the walls

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Percy said:

They've an entire chateau to accommodate people. What's the appeal in going over to France to spend your holiday in a boat that's not going anywhere?

Or to sleep in a dome or... get this... paying Dick £75 to be allowed to go and dig his garden. Seriously!

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Or to sleep in a dome or... get this... paying Dick £75 to be allowed to go and dig his garden. Seriously!

My ex went on some DIY composting toilet course that he ran at his place man years ago. He's been doing this sort of thing for ages. Of course, the real money is in making the TV series, for which this narrowboat project is really episode content.

13 hours ago, peterboat said:

I thought he said on the bank and on the boat in his diagram. I wondered why. Perhaps they need a bigger storage capacity (to allow for guests to stay when they book) to smooth out any irregularity in wind. Not sure how they will cope if it runs out as no engine backup (I think) and no mains supply (stated)

Actually a bit of a quirky addition to the place, they have done really well, lovely chateau, lots of spin off progs featuring other chateau owners and folks booking weddings etc in theirs. No sex no swearing, really quite watchable TV, as is Escape to the Chateau DIY.

Spending all that boodle on a Springer - provides cheap accommodation, might be just for their kids to muck about in - I had a gypsy caravan in the garden as a playroom when I was a kid, it was great, wish I had charged the 'peeps' coming into the garden to have their photos taken standing in front of it.................or developed the 'bullsh1t' angle about telling fortunes.

Very clever bloke and family, we are the mugs paying too much for housing over here. I look forward to the series where they put a new roof on the 'pile'.