boat set adrift on river soar

waterdog

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

There is no mention of use of the engine.  Do we know if there was a problem with it or did things just happen too fast?  The first thing I would have been doing was getting the engine started.

No idea, the story just popped up on my news feed.

Is the soar still in flood? The flow on the river would be a big factor I suppose.

Probably they decided it was a Civil Matter, it's their common go to response these days.

Someone I know was recently off work with stress and anxiety after their car was written off when the other driver failed to stop at a Give Way.

The Police washed their hands of it because it was a Civil Matter and nobody was physically hurt.

It seems driving without due care or attention or in a manner likely to cause danger to others is no longer a criminal action (perhaps it never was)

Birstall is the one place that my boat has been repeatedly targeted, jumped on and gangs of kids rocking the boats severely, and chucking poles and planks into the river. Having my 8 year old daughter and her friend on board was the worrying  bit, I couldnt just go after them.

Eventually stopped it by walking up.to the village centre and having a word with the local police in a car, they came down and chased them all off, stopping one for some offence.

• Greenie 1