Boat on fire on Foss Dyke

RAB

Featured Posts

One less scrap boat on the ditch.

This one was well past its use by date. A scrap yacht hull with a shed on the back that has not been out of Lincoln for at least three years but CC's!

No doubt it has no insurance so all you CRT licence holders will be subsidising the wreck removal.

This has been posted on the Linconite website.  It's a video of the events leading up to the blaze, taken from a security camera on board a boat opposite..

Yes he was homeless (even more so now) he could easily have been killed.

I imagine no licence, insurance or safety certificate, however compared to what was inflicted upon him all of those are nothing more than three more pieces of paper that wouldn't have stopped this crime.  

Would anyone like to suggest that the three charming little scrotes were motivated to choose this boat because it was lacking the requisite administration?

I'm always first in the queue to insist everyone pays their due, but this was nearly a catastrophe.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2019/12/watch-three-yobs-throw-fireworks-in-boat-before-blaze/

At this time Police are still investigating.

On 11/12/2019 at 19:15, Naughty Cal said:

This one was well past its use by date. A scrap yacht hull with a shed on the back that has not been out of Lincoln for at least three years but CC's!

No doubt it has no insurance so all you CRT licence holders will be subsidising the wreck removal.

Hope you are happy with your views.

I hope the lads never come past your boat when it is moored somewhere.

• Greenie 1

Let's hope you never fall on hard times. 

8 hours ago, matty40s said:

I hope they do just that: come past it and don't stop! I'm sure that every boat owner would agree.

You mention "those lads"; this suggests that there was more than one criminal, and that they were young males. Were culprits seen?

Edited by Athy

29 minutes ago, Athy said:

I hope they do just that: come past it and don't stop! I'm sure that every boat owner would agree.

You mention "those lads"; this suggests that there was more than one criminal, and that they were young males. Were culprits seen?

It's on video, follow the link in post 5.

10 hours ago, matty40s said:

Hope you are happy with your views.

Hopefully wont have a boat for much longer so they would struggle.

Let's just say that these "lads" don't just throw fireworks at just any boat that is moored up.

This scrap boat and its various occupants have caused more than their fair share of problems on the ditch over the last five years or so. This wasn't just a random attack on a random boat.

10 hours ago, Rumsky said:

Let's hope you never fall on hard times. 

Falling on hard times doesn't give you free reign to ignore your responsibilities. 

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Let's just say that these "lads" don't just throw fireworks at just any boat that is moored up.

This scrap boat and its various occupants have caused more than their fair share of problems on the ditch over the last five years or so. This wasn't just a random attack on a random boat.

What a dreadful depressing prospect :o

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Time for new ventures. I think we have squeezed in enough boating in the last 13 years to last us a lifetime. 

We have one last boating holiday in Belgium booked for next Easter and then we are doing some tenting next summer until we find the right motorhome for sale. We know which make and model we want we just need to find one for sale now!

9 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Falling on hard times doesn't give you free reign to ignore your responsibilities. 

You live in a bubble of your choosing if you think people choose to live like that. 

Do you know that police cells and jails are used to collect the mentally ill.

785 people died sleeping rough in the UK last year.

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

As far a I am concerned it is good news. She might get an education.

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

Maybe "Society" will provide the homeless guy with a new start.

Yes, if there is one: there was, mercifully, no one on board at the time of the fire, so perhaps there is no such person.

why don't you find the old guy, put a roof over his head, food in his belly, and a job so you can say "I once did a good deed"?

It wasnt a very good boat but it was somebodies home, that somebody is now homeless, at the coldest time of the year, due to 3 scumbags just having some "fun". I really hope they are caught and discover what its like to be inside a cage with nowhere else to go for a year or 2

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, peterboat said:

It wasnt a very good boat but it was somebodies home, that somebody is now homeless, at the coldest time of the year, due to 3 scumbags just having some "fun". I really hope they are caught and discover what its like to be inside a cage with nowhere else to go for a year or 2

It will not happen Peter. In todays pc world they simply will be " Misunderstood " be suffering from the modern pressures of " Facebook " be good lads that didnt understand what they were doing. They will probably be given supervision orders and sent on some paid for holiday to help re educate them!!

It would be funny if it wasnt true.

• Greenie 3

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

It will not happen Peter. In todays pc world they simply will be " Misunderstood " be suffering from the modern pressures of " Facebook " be good lads that didnt understand what they were doing. They will probably be given supervision orders and sent on some paid for holiday to help re educate them!!

It would be funny if it wasnt true.

Sad but true allthough the guy that robbed my boat and another one, was caught on camera got a long jail sentence because he was a repeat offender

7 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Lets just face facts, you don't know anything of the sort.  The fact that they have is a crime regardless of your self opinionated prejudice against those down on their luck.

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

Misquoted Lady G instead of NC

So if the system isn't sufficiently efficient, to your liking then it's ok to do this?  You seem to know a lot concerning this attack, down to why and that it wasn't random.  You really should do your public duty and tell the authorities.  After all I'm sure you're not just being mischievous considering the crime committed.

7 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Interesting you say that, it says a lot about you.  You are the only person to go down that route nobody else, or even attempted to suggest otherwise.

Edited by zenataomm
I misquoted the wrong person
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, zenataomm said:

Lets just face facts, you don't know anything of the sort.  The fact that they have is a crime regardless of your self opinionated prejudice against those down on their luck.

So if the system isn't sufficiently efficient, to your liking then it's ok to do this?  You seem to know a lot concerning this attack, down to why and that it wasn't random.  You really should do your public duty and tell the authorities.  After all I'm sure you're not just being mischievous considering the crime committed.

Interesting you say that, it says a lot about you.  You are the only person to go down that route nobody else, or even attempted to suggest otherwise.

I thought it was only men who got grumpy and curmudgeonly in old age? Could it be the creeping d word? 

19 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

@zenataomm I SUGGEST YOU ASK A MOD TO REMOVE THAT maliscious  quote, I did not say that

6 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

see above

Edited by LadyG

5 hours ago, LadyG said:

why don't you find the old guy, put a roof over his head, food in his belly, and a job so you can say "I once did a good deed"?

Have you ever stopped to think that these people dont want help?

There are places they can go to get the help they need in Lincoln. They choose not to use them.

You can not help people who do not want to be helped. 

This particular miscreant has already moved onto another scrap boat where he will cause yet more trouble for those unfortunate enough to be around him.