Water Pumps

Featured Posts

About a year ago i replaced my domestic water pump due to a couple of issues - it was leaking, plus the pressure sensor was playing games, either not running much leading to a pulsing water flow, or constantly on for hours if i left it alone.

I replaced with the same model, and was fine until yesterday.

I went to run a tap and nothing happened, the pump had tripped the breaker. Hmm, odd i thinks.  Reset and carry on.  Multiple times today it had tripped out, and now appears to be mostly seized up.

Swapped pumps back over (old one was kept as a temporary spare) and all is ok so far ( pump is off when not in use).

Do they really only last a year or so before failing in various manners, or have i just been unlucky?

Suppose i better shell out another £150 for a replacement once again?

They are not "all much the same" anymore.

Anything but Shurflo, as Matty says.

Jabsco Parmax seem generally OK, but I'm sure any type can fail randomly from time to time.

Edited by alan_fincher

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

Ive had Jabsco's for years, they seem to last best to me. Parmax 4

I have always thought Jabscos are better. However the latest parmax 4 plus I have needed a square d switch to work properly due to the lack of differential on the internal switch...sent one back but the second one wasn’t any better. Think they are all made to a price now! 

13 minutes ago, frangar said:

I have always thought Jabscos are better. However the latest parmax 4 plus I have needed a square d switch to work properly due to the lack of differential on the internal switch...sent one back but the second one wasn’t any better. Think they are all made to a price now! 

The ones made in the late 1990's are far better made then the current ones. Flojet and Jabscos are now both owned by the same company 'Xylem Inc'

Edited by nbfiresprite

3 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

The ones made in the late 1990's are far better made then the current ones. 

Like most things made now sadly. Mines been fine with the square D switch but I was most disappointed having always recommended Jabsco.....sadly I don’t think there’s a better option. 

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Like most things made now sadly. Mines been fine with the square D switch but I was most disappointed having always recommended Jabsco.....sadly I don’t think there’s a better option. 

I have a whale fresh water pump, so far no problem, but too soon to recommend it.