Lister LPWS3 fuel feed pipe.

Ray T

Featured Posts

The flexible fuel feed pipe to my engine has become porous and is leaking fuel into the bilge and obviously needs replacing.

To my knowledge it has been there at least 10 years, possibly 21 years, the age of the boat

The fuel pump end connection looks fairly straightforward to undo, photo 1.

The fixed line from the tank connects to the flexible line by some sort of union, supported by a clip, photo 2.

To undo it do I put a wrench around the knurled looking section, top of photo and obviously a spanner on the lower end?

Of course I will shut the fuel feed pipe off before I do anything.

Thank you.

Photo 1.

20191130_124023.jpg

Photo 2.

20191130_124037.jpg

Edited by Ray T

What you call the "knurled looking section" is whrer the flexible hose is crimped onto the solid fitting at each end.

In photo 1 you need to put the spanner where arrowed below, pulling the top of the spanner in a downward direction in the photo, to unscrew the brass nut:

1610852332_Photo1.png.1486a8ea026e578ddf6cc2d54b5c4c39.png

In photo 2 you do similarly, but probably need to remove that clamp first and put a second spanner on the fitting under the clamp, before unscrewing the visible nut..

796597847_Photo2.png.a400eff5d89d076ab34a29825415463e.png

Edited by David Mack

When you have a new hose made up they can re-use the fittings and crimp them onto the new pipe. Sam at Foxton Boat Services did one for me. Note that the new hose must have the relevant BS markings on it to pass the BSS

7 hours ago, WotEver said:

When you have a new hose made up they can re-use the fittings and crimp them onto the new pipe. Sam at Foxton Boat Services did one for me. Note that the new hose must have the relevant BS markings on it to pass the BSS

I've had them done by Calcutt using the existing fittings as WotEver said. 

• 2 weeks later...