Seeking a replacement chimney for Liverpool Boat

Mark Wilson

Featured Posts

Hi

I own a Liverpool Boat Company narrowboat - A 56ft Sandpiper and I need help locating a replacement chimney. As many people know, Liverpool Boat chimneys are not any standard size. 

Previously I have bought one in 2007 from LimeKiln Ltd of Wolverhampton, but they are no longer there.

The circumference of the present chimney is 46cm (18 inches) -diameter 15cm - just under 6 inches - so not standard, and its height is 40cm (16 inches).

Not looking for anything lavish or too expensive.

Details of suppliers or makers would be welcomed.

Mark

24 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

The Little Chimney Company, will make any size you want. On the internet. Other chimney makers are out there.

The Little Chimney Company are expensive but they are a) good and b) a boat based business.

I am very happy with the product I bought from them, my bank manager not so much.

10 minutes ago, frahkn said:

The Little Chimney Company are expensive but they are a) good and b) a boat based business.

I am very happy with the product I bought from them, my bank manager not so much.

And being stainless will last for a very long time.

Quality bits of kit, recommended 

Just use a 500mm length of 150mm stainless steel flue, Only £20.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-Chimney-Flue-Liner-Rigid-Pipe-Multi-Fuel-Stoves-Ø8-25cm-L-50-cm/152541265471?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=451919737873&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

LimeKiln moved to Stourport Basin nearly ten ago and are still trading.

Edited by nbfiresprite

20 hours ago, Mark Wilson said:

The circumference of the present chimney is 46cm (18 inches) -diameter 15cm - just under 6 inches - so not standard, and its height is 40cm (16 inches)

You need to check those measurements, as a 15cm diameter implies a circumference of over 47cms.

One of them can't be right, and the difference is enough that if you use the wrong one, it ain't going to fit, I think.

However "just under 6 inches" is I think a fairly standard size.  From memory that is what our main cabin stove uses, and I've bought at least 3 chimneys that fit with no adjustment needed.

Have a look at this company on Ebay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Adaptor-Reducer-Joining-Sleeve-Any-Size-Pipe-Swaged-Ends/320502908018?hash=item4a9f764472:g:wwcAAOSwoyVbfoxE

I've had a few pipes off them for different boats, they do a good selection of sizes and will swag the end and slit if needed. Also far cheaper then a conventional Stainless narrowboat chimney.