BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Saying that damn and blast I have to unpack now

You can still sleep outside in the rain on the Friday then drink lots of whisky and not sleep at all until Sunday if you want.

Edited by TheBiscuits
spellink
  • Happy 1

^^^^ What they all said ^^^^

Team 'Red Wharf' weren't planning to enter this year as Plan A had us ooop norf heading for the MSC and a Mersey crossing followed by the Ribble Link.

But what with things the way they are we've decided to stay at home, the thinking being that if either of us gets poorly (God forbid!) we will be near our registered GP practice and circle of friends.

(And if we avoid the lurgy we will be available to help our friends and neighbours if needed)

ETA I think a lot of gardening might get done this summer. I ordered tomato seeds yesterday. And I've got one of these https://www.toylander.com/ to put together for the grandaughter.

Edited by Victor Vectis
  • Love 1

Thanks for the update. 

It's a bit of a relief to me to be honest. Yes, it's our own boat but inviting a group of individuals from all different walks of life and geographical locations to share it (very closely) with us when the skipper is deemed high risk was never going to be ideal. 

I think we are fated with The Challenge, I think this year may have been our only opportunity. Let's see how it pans out

Oh well, it was inevitable.

I had been attempting to finish fitting out the galley and lounge before the Challenge which has now become pretty straightforward since there’s nothing else to do at weekends and I’ve gained many hours of time in the week through not having to make a long journey to work. So now I’ve got a dilemma. Do I still continue with the plan I had for after the Challenge to head up the T&M and the Erewash before heading to Stowe Hill for the annual autumn docking or not?

I’ll speak to the folks at the yards I was going to use to leave the boat and if it’s still viable I may just do my own BCN Challenge on the Bank Holiday and visit the two places I’ve never taken my own boat. That’s assuming we’re still allowed to go boating.

As for the real Challenge I’ll be there whenever the next one takes place. My entry can stay on record.

JP

4 hours ago, Mrs Tawny Owl said:

I'm sure this won't surprise any of you, but after discussion with the BCN committee we have decided to hopefully postpone or possibly cancel the challenge for this year,.

Depending on what happens in the next few months it might be possible to run the challenge later in the year, with changes in timing to cope with shorter days. If not then I'm sure things will have returned to normal in time for next year. Whatever normal is by then.

So Alan, there will be a lot more sleeps before the challenge now.

Sorry everybody. I know for those taking part on theri own boats it's no different to being at home, but we couldn't really have a do at the end, and that's a very big part of the event.

Sue

Can I assume that you meant that the event will is hopefully only postponed and that the event is definitely cancelled on the scheduled date.

That would be a shame as with Cavalcade and Ricky cancelled I was thinking about getting Fulbourne there ?   Lets hope that Braunston and Worcester do not also succumb!

5 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

What am I going to do with this pot noodle now?

Hold onto it, when all the bog roll hoarders realise they need food for the bog roll to have a proper function it will be worth a 24pack of luxury quilted at least

• Greenie 1

On 17/03/2020 at 19:47, cheshire~rose said:

I think we are fated with The Challenge, I think this year may have been our only opportunity. Let's see how it pans out

Just wait and see.

I'm predicting the challenge will be rescheduled for a week after you have the new paint job. :D

18 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Did someone mention noodles?

20200310_112045.jpg

20200310_112058.jpg

Oh good.

I'm pleased to see they are still virus free, and wearing their biohazard safety gear.

I'm just not sure if the noodles are being protected from the world or the world is being protected from the noodles ...

37 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Doesn't stop you doing it - it just means you cry more when you drag through trees and barbed wire. :D

Trees? What trees? There are no trees in Brum.

I’ve never had paintwork damage above gunwale level on the Challenge.