BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, john6767 said:

the real plan come from a spreadsheet that has all our historical times behind so it is based on fact not prediction.

How does that work out for you usually? :icecream:

Are you having the same crew & strategy this year as you had last year?

It's OK you can tell me.  Trust me I'm a boater ...  I'm not entering my boat this year, and two of the boats that offered me crew places have been sold off!

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

How does that work out for you usually? :icecream:

Are you having the same crew & strategy this year as you had last year?

It's OK you can tell me.  Trust me I'm a boater ...  I'm not entering my boat this year, and two of the boats that offered me crew places have been sold off!

Cough, I would have to shoot you.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Bet you a pint you will be moored next to us on the Friday night.  If I'm wrong you'll have to wait till the Sunday for it though as you won't be there to collect!

See you on the Friday then

On 21/01/2020 at 17:54, tree monkey said:

I'm sure it didn't rain one year

On 11/02/2020 at 17:11, junior said:

I'm sure Matty could tell you a thing or two about rain and the BCN Challenge..

He is, of course, not the only one who could tell you about rain and the BCN Challenge...

CIMG4093.JPG

• Greenie 2

8 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Do you include the tramp sleep on the night before?

Is the tramp sleep where he has to sleep rough because he can't remember where you told him you were starting from?

37 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Is the tramp sleep where he has to sleep rough because he can't remember where you told him you were starting from?

No, it's the one where he started out sleeping on board but decamped at some point to sleep on the grass outside so, when I awoke and peeked out the curtain, seeing a vagrant wrapped in a sleeping bag a few feet from the boat made me question our choice of overnight mooring

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

No, it's the one where he started out sleeping on board but decamped at some point to sleep on the grass outside so, when I awoke and peeked out the curtain, seeing a vagrant wrapped in a sleeping bag a few feet from the boat made me question our choice of overnight mooring

Look you lot, I was being nice, I tend to wake up sparrows fart early so I quietly snuck outside and read for a bit, I did manage to grab an extra snooze as a bonus

:)

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Look you lot, I was being nice, I tend to wake up sparrows fart early so I quietly snuck outside and read for a bit, I did manage to grab an extra snooze as a bonus

We have a lovely comfy, spacious bed for you this year under the tug deck and you have already refused it before you have even tried it. Why everyone assumes they are claustrophic before even going under there to see what it is like I have no idea! ?

We have to hope it is warm enough not to have the stove lit or you will melt on the floor! I would opt for the cabin if I were you - you can polish brass when you wake up at sparrows fart them

7 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

We have a lovely comfy, spacious bed for you this year under the tug deck and you have already refused it before you have even tried it. Why everyone assumes they are claustrophic before even going under there to see what it is like I have no idea! ?

We have to hope it is warm enough not to have the stove lit or you will melt on the floor! I would opt for the cabin if I were you - you can polish brass when you wake up at sparrows fart them

Cabin or floor is fine, if it's nice I might end up on the roof

8 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Cabin or floor is fine, if it's nice I might end up on the roof

Delhi doesn't have a roof, she has a cabin top!

There is a perfectly good tug deck  with eyes to fasten the guy ropes of a tent :)

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

You could use the sun terrace.

There's posh!

I tend to refer to it as The Patio!

12 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Delhi doesn't have a roof, she has a cabin top!

There is a perfectly good tug deck  with eyes to fasten the guy ropes of a tent :)

There's posh!

I tend to refer to it as The Patio!

If it's nice I might end up on the tug deck

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this won't surprise any of you, but after discussion with the BCN committee we have decided to hopefully postpone or possibly cancel the challenge for this year,.

Depending on what happens in the next few months it might be possible to run the challenge later in the year, with changes in timing to cope with shorter days. If not then I'm sure things will have returned to normal in time for next year. Whatever normal is by then.

So Alan, there will be a lot more sleeps before the challenge now.

Sorry everybody. I know for those taking part on theri own boats it's no different to being at home, but we couldn't really have a do at the end, and that's a very big part of the event.

Sue

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Tawny Owl said:

I'm sure this won't surprise any of you, but after discussion with the BCN committee we have decided to hopefully postpone or possibly cancel the challenge for this year,.

Depending on what happens in the next few months it might be possible to run the challenge later in the year, with changes in timing to cope with shorter days. If not then I'm sure things will have returned to normal in time for next year. Whatever normal is by then.

So Alan, there will be a lot more sleeps before the challenge now.

Sorry everybody. I know for those taking part on theri own boats it's no different to being at home, but we couldn't really have a do at the end, and that's a very big part of the event.

Sue

I must admit I was sort of expecting it, considering what is going on it is the right thing to do and thank you for all the time already spent in the organisation, it must be as much of a let down to you as it is to us.

Here's to the next one

Saying that damn and blast I have to unpack now

20 minutes ago, Mrs Tawny Owl said:

ISorry everybody. I know for those taking part on theri own boats it's no different to being at home, but we couldn't really have a do at the end, and that's a very big part of the event.

A very valid point, and illustrates that this really is the right decision, though it is a great disappointment.

MP.