BCN Challenge 2020

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

Can anyone confirm the dates for the BCN Challenge 2020? (apologies if it has already been shared somewhere I did search but didn't find it)

Would I be correct to assume it might be the weekend of 23rd/24th of May?

Next year is already becoming a logistical challenge and I need to know if it is do-able

6 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

To get my request in early, anyone looking for crew?

Delhi sleeps 6

You are welcome!

I can promise there will be no more plunging your arms into filthy cold water in the weedhatch to fetch out discarded underwear this time :)

Edited by cheshire~rose
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Can anyone confirm the dates for the BCN Challenge 2020? (apologies if it has already been shared somewhere I did search but didn't find it)

Would I be correct to assume it might be the weekend of 23rd/24th of May?

Next year is already becoming a logistical challenge and I need to know if it is do-able

https://bcnsociety.com/event/bcns-24-hour-marathon-challenge/

Tim

• 1 month later...
Just now, Rob-M said:

Does anyone have any updates on whether the challenge is going ahead this year, still seems to be unconfirmed on the BCN Society web site...?

Of course it will go ahead! 

Team Delhi has a crew. If we don't remind anyone else about the competition we stand a chance of being placed a little higher than if there are loads of entries 

2 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Of course it will go ahead! 

Team Delhi has a crew. If we don't remind anyone else about the competition we stand a chance of being placed a little higher than if there are loads of entries 

Well I promise not to enter my boat in the BCN challenge this year ...

Edited by TheBiscuits
rusty!
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Does anyone have any updates on whether the challenge is going ahead this year, still seems to be unconfirmed on the BCN Society web site...?

I was wondering thre same. Been very quiet on this subject this year. 

I have the actual challenge dates off work, but currently working on the Monday so will need to try and swap some shifts, or find a mooring for a few days with parking. 

I may cycle it again this year and try and beat my mileage from last year.  If I'm clever I can strategically moor my boat for the saturday night to sleep on, start from one of the railway stations and try and do most of the BCN over the 2 days, then finish at.... hang on, where's the finish?

2 hours ago, Dave_P said:

I may cycle it again this year and try and beat my mileage from last year.  If I'm clever I can strategically moor my boat for the saturday night to sleep on, start from one of the railway stations and try and do most of the BCN over the 2 days, then finish at.... hang on, where's the finish?

That is why we need to know if the BCNS are organising so we have a finish point.

2 hours ago, Dave_P said:

That is why we need to know if the BCNS are organising so we have a finish point.