1990 Springer - Window question

Ollie & Alice

Featured Posts

Hello all, 

The misses and i have recently bought a stripped out 50ft springer project boat. We are in the process of stripping out the windows, replacing broken glass and re-sealing. As its of a fair age the previous owners have gunned a ridiculous amount of sealant etc to keep what glass is left in place. Some of the windows have plastic instead of glass.

We have found that we are missing 2 sealing u channels at the bottom of the top hopper piece of glass on the larger windows (see images attached). I habe tried for months now to get an alumimium u channel to fit 4mm glass but have had no luck. 

Would anyone know if i could get these channels anywhere or know anywhere that would have something similar or even know anywhere that could fabricate them? 

Thanks in advance :)

20191103_183026.jpg

20191103_183039.jpg

20191117_133103.jpg

Not absolutely clear which bit it is but if its the part the hopper sits on - so the top frame for the fixed glass - in extremis how about a plain T section, a 4mm rod clamped against the angle and the application of a mallet to bend the leg of the T to form a channel?

9 hours ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not absolutely clear which bit it is but if its the part the hopper sits on - so the top frame for the fixed glass - in extremis how about a plain T section, a 4mm rod clamped against the angle and the application of a mallet to bend the leg of the T to form a channel?

Great thinking Tony!! Ill give that a try, cheers fella ??