boat for an afternoon

Kate17

Featured Posts

20 hours ago, Kate17 said:

hey guys :)  in the west midlands canals ideally but we can go further if we have to.

its a eco-documentary thing for college. will prob end up on youtube.  1 person might be in the canal for a bit (hopefully not me!! )

I would suggest leaving it until August.  The water in a canal at this time of year (and for a few more months) can be colder than the North Sea in winter.

27 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I didn't realise there was a limit on how much a member can post, if I it bothers you why not put me on your ignough list

I judge the quantity by the associated quality.  there should be a posts : likes ratio.

on that bases dora is looking good and some of the patrons and mods are looking pretty poor.    :P

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

I judge the quantity by the associated quality.  there should be a posts : likes ratio.

on that bases dora is looking good and some of the patrons and mods are looking pretty poor.    :P

Looks like you are 'in the running' at 23.2%.

I am trailing at 19.7%

Mods cannot receive 'likes' so we cannot tell how much they are 'liked' or 'disliked'

7 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

That could be because moddies can't receive "likes", even for posts of superlative quality.

1 hour ago, Murflynn said:

Just shows I am crap at everything

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Athy said:

That could be because moddies can't receive "likes", even for posts of superlative quality.

so the reported figure represents your score before you took over the poisoned chalice.    :wub:      ..........   respect   ........    :cheers:

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Mods cannot receive 'likes' so we cannot tell how much they are 'liked' or 'disliked'

what about 'patrons'.    ...............  or do they just benefit from the bar takings at Le Bar Anglaise ??

..................  the Welsh Cruiser is in excess of 100%    :clapping:

Edited by Murflynn

15 hours ago, Murflynn said:

Thanks, but how does one even check something like that?

Edit:  Ignore that.  I've worked it out.  Clearly I'm both brilliant and hilarious.  And modest...

14 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Just shows I am crap at everything

Greenie duly given

WOW u guys have WAAAY 2 much time on your hands.  thats really funny but kinda cute ?

so we prob need to do some of the video in feb but doesnt have to be the whole thing. might need a 2nd afternoon in april when the weather is better to do some of the outdoor work.  there will prob be 4 or 5 of us all doing bits of filming and presenting on the boat.  we would need u to steer the boat dont wanna crash it!! ? if u wanna be on the film thats cool but dont have to if u dont want to.

we dont have any costumes!! maybe u guys can suggest some LOL ? 1 of us would be in a full wetsuit to stand in the canal and talk about dredging and litter problems (hopefully not me... but prob gonna be me ? )

the docu is about sustainability and if governments invest in inland waterways can they be used more all that kinda stuff, not so much about living on boats but we might do a bit on that.  we might also do a pub debate on it if we get enough people to come along to it??

we dont have any ££ for any of this so its just a bunch of students tryin to do it for as cheap as poss and make a cool docu ?

so if u have a boat, or if u r interested in being in the pub debate, or if u have ideas for the docu or just wanna chat about canals, or if u wanna have a pop at me about my spelling ?

u can email me or skype me anytime kateanderson@planetmail.com

thanx!!

kate

xxx

6 minutes ago, Kate17 said:

or if u wanna have a pop at me about my spelling ?

thanx!!

U R jkng!

As this sounds like a valid artistic and environmental project, can't you get funding from your U niversity to help out?

25 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

Where did you find that pic of me?

It is actually of Rusty, she visited me when we called in at Wells Next the Sea.

I was very impressed by her wet-suit and his 'hand-action' as she paddled her canoe into the tide, and thought I must keep a memento of her visit.

I have now finished the course of anti-biotics.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kate17 said:

LOL thats a whole different kinda video if im gonna be wearin that guys ?

so is anyone interested in atcually helpin?!?!  ?

Would be happy to help but currently both of mine are 'at sea' (one in North Wales and the other in Plymouth) so not much help in producing a Midlands 'canal' video.