Boat Electrician wanted

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

Jono [youtube] might help, if you are willing to source Victron.

You know its neither cheap nor simple,?

Jono used Onboard Energy at Springwood Haven to source not only all of the Victron equipment but also the advice he needed. By mentioning him you can get a 10% discount from then but it’ll still cost thousands. 

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Read this  blog and the following 10 pages http://derwent6.blogspot.com/2019/04/preparing.html

So our assumptions that going with Victron makes it easy, if expensive, seem to be a bit faulty. They ended up paying for massive pile of boxes and cables and someone to bolt it all together, and  still needed LA dump batteries and a DC to  DC converter to successfully charge from an alternator.

The resulting spaghetti is twice as complex as my system, and easily twice at complicated to understand if you're not paying the Victron man from Springwood Haven  to do it for you. I doubt the whole caper cost less than ten times what I spent.

MP.

Hi Mark

dont know if you are on Facebook?
if so seek out 12 v boaters group. Get in contact with Graham Mills.

He can source Victron kit with a very hefty discount and fit it. 
But Manchester may be to far for him to travel, as he is located south of London.  

3 minutes ago, plato said:

Hi Mark

dont know if you are on Facebook?
if so seek out 12 v boaters group. Get in contact with Graham Mills.

A correction (or at least a clarification) is in order here. As far as I’m aware there is no Facebook group called ‘12V boaters Group’. 

Graham Mills was kicked out of Phil Brook-Little’s ‘12 Volt Boating Group’ on Facebook for being well, a bit of an idiot. He also left this forum (as Graham.m) for much the same reason. 

He was somewhat miffed at being removed from the 7,500 strong ‘12 volt Boating Group’ so he set his own Group up as ‘12V boating group, Graham and others’. In March he changed the name of his group to ‘12 volts boating group’. Note the extra ‘s’ and note the obvious plagiarism and confusion caused by the similar name. 

In my opinion, if you want to use Facebook for good 12V boating advice you won’t go wrong with the original ‘12 Volt Boating Group’. It contains a wide range of members (including the previously mentioned Jono), and Phil Brook-Little oversees it with a gentle touch. 

Joining the ‘12 Volts Boating Group’ on the other hand means that the only opinions that you will receive are those which agree with Graham; he removes from the group anyone who disagrees with him. 

• 7 months later...

A "Guest" has made allegations, via a report to us, that some of the above facts are not true. However, he evidently doesn't want to make these allegations on the forum where someone might dispute them, so form your own conclusions.

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

A "Guest" has made allegations, via a report to us, that some of the above facts are not true. However, he evidently doesn't want to make these allegations on the forum where someone might dispute them, so form your own conclusions.

Its taken him a year to complain ?

Could it be that he cannot post because he is one of those banned (post #9) and deletes all 'non-agreeing' posts on his own forum ?

Edited by Alan de Enfield

34 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its taken him a year to complain ?

Well, the better part of one, yes.

This is not a record: we have had "Guest" comments on threads whose last post had been seven or eight years earlier. I don't think we have any way of knowing if it's always the same person.

8 hours ago, Athy said:

A "Guest" has made allegations, via a report to us, that some of the above facts are not true.

I wonder which of the facts he disputes.  I note he's changed the name of his group since my post, so perhaps it's that. He's probably also unaware that I lurk on his group, so I'm fully aware of how he operates.