kindle

jenevers

Featured Posts

13 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

you can create a library and share with your family

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201620400

Yes this what we do.

My wife buys the books, (far too many books!), and I can download anything from her library that takes my fancy.  If I specifically wanted other, I would ask her to buy them.

Don't think of it in any way of transferring a book from one kindle to another - that's not how it works.  Your principle library is on the server, and the kindle only contains what you have chosen to download from that master copy.  Two of us could have entirely different books on our respective Kindles, but both originating from the same (and possibly much bigger) library of "paid for" books on the server.

15 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

There's a free program called Calibre which will transfer books from anywhere to anywhere, as well as changing their format to suit anything. I use a Sony reader as it reads epubs and isn't tied to Amazon format, but Calibre is what you need. 

I use Calibre to feed books to 3 Kindle Paperwhite's, it's only a couple of clicks to convert .EPUB to .MOBI ;)

fantastic program considering it's free and what it can do

4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Yes this what we do.

My wife buys the books, (far too many books!), and I can download anything from her library that takes my fancy.  If I specifically wanted other, I would ask her to buy them.

Don't think of it in any way of transferring a book from one kindle to another - that's not how it works.  Your principle library is on the server, and the kindle only contains what you have chosen to download from that master copy.  Two of us could have entirely different books on our respective Kindles, but both originating from the same (and possibly much bigger) library of "paid for" books on the server.

But do I have to sign up to Amazon Prime before I can do this?

2 minutes ago, jenevers said:

But do I have to sign up to Amazon Prime before I can do this?

Short answer: no. 

You simply have to create an ‘Amazon Household’

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201945470

All the gumph on that link about ‘Prime’ is additional benefits that Prime members can share with a Household. 

18 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Short answer: no. 

You simply have to create an ‘Amazon Household’

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201945470

All the gumph on that link about ‘Prime’ is additional benefits that Prime members can share with a Household. 

I just can’t find “Amazon Household” on their site so I can’t create one?

7 minutes ago, jenevers said:

I just can’t find “Amazon Household” on their site so I can’t create one?

Amazon say...

To send an email invitation for Amazon Household:

1. Go to Amazon Household under shopping programmes in Your Account.
  2. Select Add an Adult under "Manage Your Household Members".
  3. Enter the name and email address of the person you would like to invite and click Continue.
  4. You will have the option to share your payment methods and create a Family Library. Please note that sharing Prime benefits and creating a family library require you to share your payment methods.
  5. On the Ready to send page you can review the name and email address you entered in step 3 and then click Send invite to complete the process.
  6. The person you invited will have 14 days to accept your invitation. To resend or cancel your invitation, go to Amazon Household.

I was given a CD with 5,000 "E- books" on it ( Everything from Dickens to Murder Mystery Suspense to Sci-Fi, the Bronte's to Andy McNab 'Commando' stories)

Listed by Author (there are 127 authors under A)  it is going to see us. and our friends 'out'

Stored on my Memory stick I just drag over (copy) the next dozen or twenty when I've read & deleted everything on the Amazon.

On 03/12/2019 at 16:29, Alan de Enfield said:

I was given a CD with 5,000 "E- books" on it ( Everything from Dickens to Murder Mystery Suspense to Sci-Fi, the Bronte's to Andy McNab 'Commando' stories)

Listed by Author (there are 127 authors under A)  it is going to see us. and our friends 'out'

Stored on my Memory stick I just drag over (copy) the next dozen or twenty when I've read & deleted everything on the Amazon.

if you ever get through them, there's always Project Gutenberg which has over 60,000 to choose from ;) https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

• Love 1