Unfortunate timing for a rebrand?

Eeyore

Featured Posts

This mornings post all seemed the same, lots of leaflets and targeted mailings promising to improve things after years of neglect.

Then I realised that “Aquavista” weren’t looking for my vote, but were in fact the new name for BWML Marinas!

As a customer I look forward to WiFi that works, somewhere to park my car and a whole raft of other improvements.

5 hours ago, Eeyore said:

Aquavista

Craprajester would be more fitting!

I presume the change is to distance themselves from their former owners.  Funny though, British Waterways Marinas Ltd, as a name, survived several years of CRT ownership, and they did not feel the need to rebrand!

17 minutes ago, Richard Fairhurst said:

"Aquavista... it's Latin for Waterscape"

I wonder where they got that from......?

8 minutes ago, The Dreamer said:

Craprajester would be more fitting!

more like CrapaJeffster in tribute to the sky high price rises and determination to be the Park Homes of the waterways.

from his Linkedin.....

Joined in 2014 with the prime objective of modernising the business, improving performance and bringing a much stronger focus on the customer.
As at 2017 we are well placed having succeeded in most of our strategic goals
We have some great plans for the future including Floating home developments and Lodges

Edited by matty40s
  • Happy 1

20 hours ago, Eeyore said:

This mornings post all seemed the same, lots of leaflets and targeted mailings promising to improve things after years of neglect.

Then I realised that “Aquavista” weren’t looking for my vote, but were in fact the new name for BWML Marinas!

As a customer I look forward to WiFi that works, somewhere to park my car and a whole raft of other improvements.

Be careful for what you wish for, as if you don’t have those at the moment, if they are added then expect to see a price rise of at least £1000 per year.  Still what you want??

8 hours ago, Chewbacka said:

Be careful for what you wish for, as if you don’t have those at the moment, if they are added then expect to see a price rise of at least £1000 per year.  Still what you want??

I already pay for “free WiFi” that doesn’t work, and apparently am “entitled” to a parking space (according to an email sent out last year)

35 minutes ago, Eeyore said:

already pay for “free WiFi” that doesn’t work, and apparently am “entitled” to a parking space

Yep, and apparently residential customers also get a post office registered postal address included, but we still end up paying the “independent” chandlers for handling our mail and we get a storage box, subject to availability, which are always available in Wickes, which is where we had to buy ours from!

• Greenie 1

On 02/12/2019 at 14:19, Eeyore said:

I would like some pot holes filling, but after this rebranding exercise there will be no money, remember the new CEO is not a boater.  Google Aquavista and the Veolia trademarked use of the name appears prominently, not sure how they will react, or even if they have been approached, re using their name.

• 3 months later...