Firewood Supplier - Northampton

grockell

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, grockell said:

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good firewood supplier that delivers in Northampton? (Seasoned hardwoods)

Thank you! 

George

Can I say don't ignore softwood, decent seasoned softwood is a perfectly decent timber to burn and often cheaper because people are obsessed with the hardwood thing.

• Happy 1

9 minutes ago, grockell said:

Which softwoods are good to burn, in your opinion?

Any wood properly seasoned and at the right price is fine, I've burnt a fair amount of different species and as long as its seasoned properly it's good.

How good it is as a firewood depends on how it grew and how it was seasoned, which applies to both hardwood and softwood.

Softwood can have a tendency to burn out a little quickly but just mix it up with a lump of decent hardwood for overnight slumber.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Been using really well seasoned Leylandii and it's been good but does burn quick. Typical moisture content circa 7-9%.

Feels good putting this aweful plant to some use.

It's a fine tree, birds love to nest in it and most importantly it's earned me a fair amount of cash over the years :)