Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Alan de Enfield

A Black Friday Deal You Mustn't Miss

Featured Posts

Yep. one we must not fail to miss.

I think I have seen the same photo in previous years.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yep. one we must not fail to miss.

I think I have seen the same photo in previous years.

Apparently, Aldi in Bristol this weekend

16 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Apparently, Aldi in Bristol this weekend

O.K. Perhaps this unbeatable offer was so popular that they repeat it each year.

I have seen items "reduced" upwards in a supermarket. Luckily, after I'd remembered to use short words when explaining this to the reduction-gun clicker, the mistake was rectified.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I see no evidence its a "Black Friday" offer....

The penny hasnt dropped yet then...

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I have seen items "reduced" upwards in a supermarket. Luckily, after I'd remembered to use short words when explaining this to the reduction-gun clicker, the mistake was rectified.

Like £1.50 each or 2 for £4 seen on cat food recently.

• Greenie 1

20 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Like £1.50 each or 2 for £4 seen on cat food recently.

Eight out of ten cats were taken in by this, allegedly.

8 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

black friday has been ruined, no decent deal on any site.

Well, we got £30 off a new fridge/freezer from Curry's - not an earth-shattering deal, but preferable to not getting £30 off it.

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Well, we got £30 off a new fridge/freezer from Curry's - not an earth-shattering deal, but preferable to not getting £30 off it.

It'll be £50 off on Cyber Monday and then £75 off by midweek in the December sale.

• Greenie 1

I got a deal I was pleased with. I can't say what the item was I bought here because it is a present and so it's secret!

The original price should have been £267 (as I had been considering buying for around 6 months I know that it wasn't an inflated price) but I got a 25% off Black Friday deal. I was able to log into the website using Topcashback which had a Black Friday deal offering 20% cashback on all orders over £100 from that website 

Well chuffed with that saving :) 

1 hour ago, Athy said:

well if you were already planning to buy, then nothing to complain about.

I dont know what to buy

all good deals are on tv but I got a new one last month.

#firstworldproblem

Edited by restlessnomad

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

well if you were already planning to buy, then nothing to complain about.

Quite so.

Our second and older f/f, banished to the utility room, had been behaving oddly. The fridge thought that it was a freezer, so bottles of milk, coke etc. would turn into big ice creams and lollipops after a couple of days. We were going to wait for the January sales to replace it, but BF (if you'll pardon the term) came first.

55 minutes ago, Athy said:

Quite so.

Our second and older f/f, banished to the utility room, had been behaving oddly. The fridge thought that it was a freezer, so bottles of milk, coke etc. would turn into big ice creams and lollipops after a couple of days. We were going to wait for the January sales to replace it, but BF (if you'll pardon the term) came first.

thought f/f for boats are tiny, and not enough space to call utility room. How big is your?(pun intended)

1 minute ago, restlessnomad said:

thought f/f for boats are tiny, and not enough space to call utility room. How big is your?(pun intended)

Er if I have made sense of your question, the fridge/freezer is about five feet tall.

It is, of course, in our house, not in our boat.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Er if I have made sense of your question, the fridge/freezer is about five feet tall.

It is, of course, in our house, not in our boat.

ah makes sense, do lot of people leave their boat in winter and live in house?

5 hours ago, Athy said:

Curiously I too bought a fridge freezer on Black Friday. I bought it from ao.com at their normal price (no BF offer) which was £50 less than Currys' price for the exact same item.

So I'd suggest it is quite possible you still paid more for your Currys fridge than for the same fridge at normal price on ao.com! 

3 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

I got a deal I was pleased with. I can't say what the item was I bought here because it is a present and so it's secret!

The original price should have been £267 (as I had been considering buying for around 6 months I know that it wasn't an inflated price) but I got a 25% off Black Friday deal. I was able to log into the website using Topcashback which had a Black Friday deal offering 20% cashback on all orders over £100 from that website 

Well chuffed with that saving :) 

You've bought him a steam train driving experience haven't you! 😂

Just now, cuthound said:

You've bought him a steam train driving experience haven't you! 😂

There is always someone who wants to spoil the surprise 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, restlessnomad said:

ah makes sense, do lot of people leave their boat in winter and live in house?

We live in house, you live in boat?

30 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So I'd suggest it is quite possible you still paid more for your Currys fridge than for the same fridge at normal price on ao.com! 

That's quite possible. I have never heard of AO, do they have real shops as well as being a .com?

26 minutes ago, Athy said:

We live in house, you live in boat?

That's quite possible. I have never heard of AO, do they have real shops as well as being a .com?

nope, land dweller, dont have a boat, am here only for bantz... jk

saw a boat in your avatar so thought u might.

btw ao.com is an online retailer, but very good one.

Edited by restlessnomad
  • Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, restlessnomad said:

nope, land dweller, dont have a boat, am here only for bantz... jk

saw a boat in your avatar so thought u might.

btw ao.com is an online retailer, but very good one.

There's also a house in my avatar! We DO live in that!