BBC My Money: 'Three months of fuel for my boat costs £400'

Sir Percy

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Athy said:

Far from ignoring, I mentioned it in my post no. 16. It aroused my curiosity, not my back, and I await your reply with interest.

"works in higher education"  Could be a part time teacher, teachers assistant, floor sweeper in a university, fork truck driver for the OU. Could be entitled to a handout as low paid. Obviously living above her means if she is in debt despite living on a boat and no mention of council tax even though residential moorer.

Good job I don't have you on ignore Mike........Oh I can't as you are a mod!

Edited by Boater Sam

13 hours ago, restlessnomad said:

How do people manage to remain sane with so much credit and overdraft. I will not be able to sleep.

Agreed.

I have always worked on the basis that you don't buy it until you can afford to pay for it.

In answer to the forthcoming question - Yes I have had loans in my life.

One over 12 months to buy an aeroplane

second , (for a few years) a 50% mortgage for my 1st house.

If & when it all goes wrong, it is yours you have no debt, and no bailiffs coming around. 

Save up and pay cash - it works.

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

"works in higher education"  Could be a part time teacher, teachers assistant, floor sweeper in a university, fork truck driver for the OU.

Good job I don't have you on ignore Mike........Oh I can't as you are a mod!

But she is not - she has a responsible full-time post at managerial level, as mentioned earlier (possibly in another thread). In my view, a parasite she is not.

Yes, it is - think of all you might be missing.:D

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Not aware of any other employment details of the lady other than in this post, was it a secret?

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Yes, it is - think of all you might be missing.:D

Really? Not missing anything of importance, just loads of troll droppings and garbage from the usual offenders. I post here mainly to help other boaters, not to be berated for my views.

1 hour ago, Boater Sam said:

If she can't afford to live on a boat, she can throw herself on the council to be rehoused on benefits like all the other parasites.

Hopefully I am not on ignore, and after this I will be.  If enough of us get ourselves ignored there will be no point in you visiting the forum.

I can't remember when I last read (anywhere) such a biased, unfeeling and down right ignorant posting. 

• Greenie 3

27 minutes ago, Boater Sam said:

Not aware of any other employment details of the lady other than in this post, was it a secret?

Not at all - the information is in a thread called 'Realistic Boating Article', which ran about a week ago.

On 03/12/2019 at 09:14, Boater Sam said:

I post here mainly to help other boaters, not to be berated for my views.

I for one rather rate some of that help you provide Sam. Don't give up on it (although I think it's safe to assume you're robust enough not to)! ;)

• Happy 1
  • Unimpressed 1

On 03/12/2019 at 09:14, Boater Sam said:

Really? Not missing anything of importance, just loads of troll droppings and garbage from the usual offenders. I post here mainly to help other boaters, not to be berated for my views.

There is no need for anyone to litter the site with aggression and bigotry if they want to help people.

• Greenie 3