Further transformations to canal side at Wolverhampton

Heartland

Featured Posts

The artists are having a field day with re-inventing the canal side at Wolverhampton as yet more developments crowd around the canal and railway. The Banana Yard scheme is part of the transformation where the proposed Broad Street offices come to overshadow the former BW Broad Street depot. The canal here is depicted as somewhat wider than it is and the canoes are out along with the boats. May be the developers will slip up with this one!

BroadSt-offices.jpg

Also what has happen to boaters service facilities ?

Edited by Heartland
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cheshire cat said:

It looks busy. That is National Cycle Route 81 but I can only see one cyclist and he is stationary 

3 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

Slowed down for moored boats?

Or couldn't wait until the "quick drying" cement had completely gone off ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Heartland said:

The artists are having a field day with re-inventing the canal side at Wolverhampton as yet more developments crowd around the canal and railway. The Banana Yard scheme is part of the transformation where the proposed Broad Street offices come to overshadow the former BW Broad Street depot. The canal here is depicted as somewhat wider than it is and the canoes are out along with the boats. May be the developers will slip up with this one!

BroadSt-offices.jpg

Also what has happen to boaters service facilities ?

How have those people got onto the offside moorings?

I like stopping in the old BW yard, a real historic canal setting, so rather sad that it will turn into yet another modern "canalside beverage destination".

Good to see the listed yard building has survived, though I do something think its a bit pointless preserving historic buildings in isolation when their setting is lost and they are dwarfed by modern stuff towering over them.

.............Dave

• Greenie 1

18 hours ago, dmr said:

I like stopping in the old BW yard, a real historic canal setting, so rather sad that it will turn into yet another modern "canalside beverage destination".

Good to see the listed yard building has survived, though I do something think its a bit pointless preserving historic buildings in isolation when their setting is lost and they are dwarfed by modern stuff towering over them.

.............Dave

Dave, it might be a new ‘Flapper’ ?

19 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Dave, it might be a new ‘Flapper’ ?

Sadly new canalside developements like to be "beverage destinations" rather than interesting pubs, but it would be a real coup for Wolves to re-create the Flapper here. There is a good train and Tram service so all the clientele could turn up for a saturday night. With a little alleyway leading to the Great Western this could become a "signature beverage hub".

.............Dave