LPG pressure regulator valve

Fender151

Featured Posts

Hi,

I need to fit a new LPG  pressure regulator valve on my boat, connection to two bottles,

I am trying to source one that has a manual change over function, preferably with OPSO, can any  folks recommend  a unit and supplier, my boat is moored at Market Harborough, so localish  supplier of mail order delivery would work.

Tanks,

www.bes.co.uk do mail order on such items. Their on line catalogue is very comprehensive, but you may have difficulty ordering if you cannot supply a Gassafe number.

I have a manual changeover tap with the governor fixed into the outlet, but no OPSO. This has served me well, and despite the odd inconvenient changeover, I've never been left with 2 empty bottles.

2 hours ago, Ex Brummie said:

www.bes.co.uk do mail order on such items. Their on line catalogue is very comprehensive, but you may have difficulty ordering if you cannot supply a Gassafe number.

I have a manual changeover tap with the governor fixed into the outlet, but no OPSO. This has served me well, and despite the odd inconvenient changeover, I've never been left with 2 empty bottles.

Shouldn't be a problem. I've ordered gas stuff from BES in the past, and they've never asked for Gassafe accreditation.

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Just on the OPSO, have a look at this post:

I'd completely forgotten about that. For information, I bought a regulator without OPSO, which is still going strong and has not (yet) attempted to incinerate me and mine.

MP.

3 hours ago, Fender151 said:

Thanks for that Nick, interesting that a Gas Tech recommended I fit a unit with OPSO function.  worlds a confusing place methinks!!

OPSO isn't standard on boats or caravans. Over the years I've had a few problems with gas regulators , mostly a loss of pressure that was caused by gloop in the regulator. On one occasion it was an ancient regulator on a very old caravan that had a tiny vent in the top. This was exposed to the elements and filled with water. It still worked, until it froze and then I did have a gas over-pressure event but it wasn't a big deal, I just poured boiling water over the regulator and the flame went back to normal. It happened a few times and eventually I got around to rotating the regulator so the little hole was at the bottom, the rusty water dripped out and it was fine. (yes I was a bit young and foolish at the time!). So I am not at all convinced that an OPSO is addressing a problem that actually exists.

Edited by nicknorman