Craning in a narrowboat South of Denham?

Featured Posts

That's north of Denham.

I believe the OP is looking at options for "seeking an alternative route" to get around the major problem with Denham deep lock. 

Obviously there is a wet option via GU Oxford Thames but taking stoppages into account that's well over a month even if a Christmas window is provided. 

ETA presumably lifted out at P&S marine Watford onto transport. 

Edited by magnetman

I assume Willowtree is Yeading.

No idea about the lock CRT just repeating the closure notice. Just trying to assess options, I've got a week or so before deciding what to do.

5 minutes ago, StationMaster said:

I assume Willowtree is Yeading.

No idea about the lock CRT just repeating the closure notice. Just trying to assess options, I've got a week or so before deciding what to do.

Yep it is. Im stuck at Thames Ditton.My backup plan (?!) is if its not open by Xmas and levels are good to go via the Oxford over Xmas-there is a stoppage at Seabrook on 6th Jan I think. (My memory is shocking though)

5 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Oh yes sorry about that !

I've been there a few times for diesel - didn't notice that they had a lift off transport option there. That's handy. 

I always mix them up too ?. Crane is fairly new there,all up and running and I reckon its in a prime and very useful position.

• Greenie 1

It certainly is a handy place to know about if they are taking boats of trucks.

As for the Thames I am hoping for some dry weather as one of my boats is in a field near Henley (floating beside the field to be accurate) and I want to go boating in it at Christmas. 

Fingers crossed !

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, magnetman said:

As for the Thames I am hoping for some dry weather as one of my boats is in a field near Henley (floating beside the field to be accurate) and I want to go boating in it at Christmas. 

Fingers crossed !

Not a bad plan-can think of much worse places to be ?

42 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Fingers crossed !

I've alwaqys wondered who moored there - (filling SRB's coffers). Glorious moorings with a friendly but firm "manager".  A fraction of what I pay a - bit further downstream...

Methinks the EA may be in a bit of twist this winter - with so much water and unexpected tree obstructions may well cause havoc - even for EA's much winter programme this year. As son as the 'boads' begin to got to Yellow and below, the heavens open and a lorra more water comes down...

Edited by OldGoat

It's a nice mooring there yes. 

Not something I would pay for though. 

i did notice Cookham above the bridge are doing some quite good winter mooring deals with a proper made up river bank and path. Seemed quite full when I drove over cookham bridge this afternoon.